Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What can I bring into Canada in terms of parts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zector View Post
    Sorry to wake up an old thread, anyone know if rails, light/laser mount on rails, or rail mounted scopes be an issue bringing back from US to Canada?
    It's an issue. Don't bother unless you like rolling the dice and possibly experiencing financial and physical hardship.

Seriously - NOT worth it. Order from Brownells and be done with it. If there is any doubt at all, don't bother. Rails and Rail mounted scopes would be a no-no.

one more .. can i buy/ship a wooden pistol grip replacement to a friend in the states... then drive down and pick it up, declare it, pay any duties coming home? from what I'm reading doesn't look like it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Eyez View Post
    Not to be an idiot but isn't that the same thing? Bringing them to Canada is bringing them out of the US.
    Nope, there are several other countries in the world one can import parts from into Canada.
    The USofA has a whole set of rules for exporting firearms parts out of their country.
    Eastvan#81 some may see the humor in your question anthers may not, but feel free to try your method and report back to the masses here on how the US Government enjoyed your humor.
    Just so you know is all I am saying.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN frequent flyer
    When I purchased from Brownells, I had to fill out a form to certify that I am not exporting them out of Canada. The items I bought were two Wilson Combat 1911 mags and an Ed Brown Magwell. Brownell's has also increased the amount that they can sell to Canadian customers from $100 to $500 USD.

Between Shelbourne and Alliston in Ontario
    Thank you all, so what I understand is I was about to make a big mistake.
    Going to Bufflo on vacation to fly out to Florida for a week out to a private home (where the parts would have arrived. Eg. springs,grips,and Mags) then fly back to bufflo and drive back to Toronto. Not in the export game or in the game of playing outside the law. " I would have broken a few rules?" Am I right? WOW! I did not know that.
    Now is there any way of making this "Legal"?? Love to know your thoughts.
    Thanks in Advance for your imput.

CGN frequent flyer
    No simple way to have a US resident citizen who doesn't regularly perform exports to file the required US State Dept paperwork.
    If you are drop shipping parts to a US resident you usually aren't following a lawful US export path.
    Ditto if your are hand-carrying parts thru a land, sea or air "US to Canada" border crossing.

Your best bet is to stay with US vendors who *are* setup to file the correct export paperwork and have them directly ship
    to a Canadian address.

Brownells is the gold standard but there are a few others.

Here is the CGN sticky on the topic:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...s-from-the-USA

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by neetan View Post
    Thank you all, so what I understand is I was about to make a big mistake.
    Going to Bufflo on vacation to fly out to Florida for a week out to a private home (where the parts would have arrived. Eg. springs,grips,and Mags) then fly back to bufflo and drive back to Toronto. Not in the export game or in the game of playing outside the law. " I would have broken a few rules?" Am I right? WOW! I did not know that.
    Now is there any way of making this "Legal"?? Love to know your thoughts.
    Thanks in Advance for your imput.
    Yes. Deal with a licenced exporter.

CGN frequent flyer
    {double tap}
    Last edited by rodregier; 03-29-2015 at 05:48 AM. Reason: duplicate

CGN frequent flyer
    You can bring them in, Canada has no issue with it. However, there are very strict regulations regarding exporting from the U.S. some items including magazines, scopes, certain radios with encryption, nvg are considered articles of defense. Look up ITAR. The U.S. will often do departure checks, more so on southern border, but occasionally up north too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Bastard View Post
    WoW! I did not know that.....
    Yup...To use BC as an example, ATF will have under cover officers at gun shows in Seattle, Tacoma, etc and during the course of their duties, will note out of state vehicle license plates. If plates are from BC are observed they will contact the border points and check stops will be set up just to specifically stop those vehicles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast