Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSA M4 non-restricted VZ-58

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I was looking at a CSA VZ58 the other day and it was stamped 5.56x45.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86IltisAmb View Post
    .223 and 5.56 are the EXACT same. Just as .308 and 7.62. Any AMMO tech in the military can confirm this.
    I am an AMMO tech in the military and your information is incorrect.

There are internal and external case dimension differences between .223 Rem and 5.56mm x 45mm.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

CGN Regular

I digress

Anyway to get back to my original question instead of the continual racking of that poor person through the internet coals, can anyone confirm if the new non restricted CSA's are stamped 5.56x45mm or .223 rem. Thanks in advance to anyone with any info.

Chem

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by quackbang View Post
    Ya man, you can use a 5.56 in a .223 but not vice versa, mind you I have never seen 5.56 in Canada ever.
    Wow, totally backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post
    Anyway to get back to my original question instead of the continual racking of that poor person through the internet coals, can anyone confirm if the new non restricted CSA's are stamped 5.56x45mm or .223 rem. Thanks in advance to anyone with any info.

Chem
    They are stamped 5.56x45

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cz 858 View Post
    They are stamped 5.56x45
    Allright man thanks for the info, kind of a finally someone answered it for me moment haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Chem View Post

Chem
    Yes. And they shoot 5.56 green tip ammo very well and accurate.

For the record, I interchange 5.56 with .223 and 7.62 with .308 on a regular basis and have for years. I have noticed absolutely no difference between the two. The only time a difference seems to come about is when the Internet is involved lol.
    Have a look at Armalite or Springfields, or any other manufacturer's websites and see they advertise and sell their rifles as .223/5.56 and .308/7.62 .
    I have been shooting for a long time and I have yet to run into someone that has ever noticed a difference in interchangeing said rounds, or ever had the slightest problem. With the differing of bullet weights, velocities and slight differences in manufactures, the imperceptible differences in neck sizes, etc are of no conciquence.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavour the protected shall never know". L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The difference between .223 and 5.56 becomes more of an issue when reloading. Care should be taken not to mix .223 and 5.56 brass. Also .223 ammo fired in a .223 rem chamber should not be reloaded and fired in a 5.56 chamber due to a risk of case splitting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast