Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSA M4 non-restricted VZ-58

Quote Originally Posted by OCCAM View Post
    Thread Jacking.....

Do these rifles have the rails for a side mount installed? If not, are they drilled for said side rail??
    Yes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    There is so much misinformation in this thread. Wow.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
    There is so much misinformation in this thread. Wow.
    About 5.56/.223 compatibility?

Fix yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by 86IltisAmb View Post
    .223 and 5.56 are the EXACT same. Just as .308 and 7.62. Any AMMO tech in the military can confirm this.

Wow, this is blatant misinformation, ####ing edit your post and correct yourself before someone believes you.

It's only "close enough" to being the same when you have a 5.56mm chambered weapon. Not when you have a .223 chamber.

Before the Internet came along people were firing NATO rounds in their rifles no problem. But now you will explode if you do :D

CGN Regular
    My understanding and rule of thumb is if the rifle is spec'd and the manufacture confirms it is chambered for 5.56mmNATO then you can also use .223 Rem. NOT the other way around.
    BUT for Ex: I owned the latest MINI 14 Ranch rifle and it was stamped .223 Rem. I called RUGER to confirm if it can shoot 5.56mmNATO as their website specs indicated. They confirmed to me YES its chambered for 5.56mm and stamped .223 Rem because of export rules etc...NOW the MINI 14 TARGET version is strictly .223 Rem and they confirmed do not shoot 5.56mm in that rifle.

Ranch Rifle:Caliber: 5.56mm NATO/.223 Rem
    http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14...eets/5805.html
    Target Version:Caliber: .223 Rem
    http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14...eets/5828.html

Also my XCR is stamped .223 Rem but RA and its Website, just like RUGER confirms its chambered for 5.56mmNATO
    So IMO its best to confirm with the gun manufacture and make sure you are asking about the exact model you own.

In the US 5.56 for export is evil and .223 is ok. You should check though with your particular model though as stated above.

I know that this thread is not actually about the differences in 5.56 and .223, but I've seen this debate before and its hard to watch without getting involved.
    I have found bigger variances in ammo between different manufacturers of the same caliber, than I have found between .223 and 5.56. I've even gone so far as to get out the digital calipers and check, and I'll try and post some pics later.
    I know that this debate will continue long past this, but I hope this will at least show that not all ammo, regardless of whether its .223 or 5.56, is not always exactly the same and that the differences are so miniscule that it really makes no difference at all. I've been interchanging it for years and will continue to do so, and whether other people choose to or not makes absolutely no difference to me. Right or wrong, you will always be able to find a document that will support your theory for either case, but sometimes getting out the tools and doing your own investigation is the best way.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavour the protected shall never know". L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

So if I get this right, since the smaller casing is safe to fire, can you fire AK47 ammo out of an M14?

Sorry DSiwy

Syndochrist,
    .......you win
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavour the protected shall never know". L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast