Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: new site

Expired Business
    MAC USERS;
    Yesterday our designer conducted several tests with various MACs, all ran perfectly.... YES including the Safari browser....

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    Any word on when the shopping cart will be up and running?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    MAC USERS;
    Yesterday our designer conducted several tests with various MACs, all ran perfectly.... YES including the Safari browser....

John
    Thanks John - no idea what you did, but it works now
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

What happened to "John's Gun Vault" and "bargain basement specials" from the old Marstr site ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyer View Post
    What happened to "John's Gun Vault" and "bargain basement specials" from the old Marstr site ?
    They're still there, under products.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

i really don't like the new menus, I liked having all the different items on one page ect.. not having to go by weapon.. it sucks to shop. if i was looking for something for a particular firearm it would be awesome but i like to get a eye on a wider variety of items at one time.. hope you can fix it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Congrats on new site. Nice to navigate good looking.....
    BUT PLEASE change the Class Definition in your used gun classifieds. Word weapon really does not fit there. Should be FIREARM when you aim at civilian sales. We try to ease off the antis...we try. We do not use weapons in Canada unless you are military personnel like me, police or a gang member. well it just looks bad.
    other than that i enjoyed browsing it and will be back hopefully to shop.

Great new site guys, wondering why the huge delay in getting setup to accept EMT payment? It is pretty simple and effective
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by JRW (QOR) View Post
    Beautiful isn't it. If only I had the money. What would be even nicer is if it could be in 7.62x39.
    I don't think many people realise how short the 7,92 Kurz(short) really is. A .45ACP cartridge in overall length of 32.4mm(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_ACP) which is just 0.6mm shorter than the case of the 7,92x33.

The casehead of the 7,92x33 is roughly the same diameter as a .308 and is identical to 7,92x57. The casehead of the 7.62x39 is smaller in diameter than the kurz (11.35mm to 11.9mm).

It would require designing an all new firearm to fire the 7.62x39 as it is too long to fit into the magazine. The 7.62x39 has a fair amount more taper in the case, so it would also not work correctly if it were to fit into the magazine due to length. So pretty much new magazine to accommodating the 7.62x39.

A new, longer magazine would require new upper and lower receiver stamping. So you might as well just buy the CZ858 as it is tilting bolt just like the STG44.

The STG44 needs to be fired in the cartridge it was chambered for, because the 7,92x33mm Kurz was the cartridge that started the whole intermediate cartridge concept. The STG44 was the rifle that set the standard for combat rifles to come for the next 68 years.

What I'm really curious about, is why were the first prototypes of the CETME and the FAL in 7,92x33? Why were there countries who wanted to adopt the Kurz? How good, how modern is this cartridge? It would have just been bad optics for the Americans to adopt a rifle and cartridge that came from the bad guys. How much effect did the kurz have on the development of the 7.62x39, which was developed during the war. 7,92x33 was developed before the war, the STG44 was designed around it.

One day I'm going to buy the BD44 from John, but when I do I'll already have stockpiled components and have a test series ready for range testing. When I get the BD44 I'm going to shoot it hard!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    John;

I like the new site, it's much easier to naivgate and is easier on the eyes as well.

It's great that you now have a shopping cart on the site too. May I suggest a "wish list" as well??

Oh yeah, I searched your forum and can't find the answer to this....

Do you take EMT's for payment (I'm getting really leery about using CC on line as I've had to change CC#'s twice in the past year because somebody got their hands on my CC number).
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011