Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: new site

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalonthas View Post
    My comment was not attacking you - I'd appreciate if you wouldn't bit back at every post on the forum....my comment was towards the other person who was knocking you for lots of items showing out of stock. I was indicating that just because you launched a new website with proper stock status and better layout that does not mean that items will magically appear on the shelf...you guys only have what you have.....and you have as you stated many thousands of items, and are restricted by your suppliers timelines.

wowzers.
    That's the way I read your post....I think John was already in defensive/attack mode and assume you were piling on when in fact you were defending Marstar. I guess you are collateral damage or perhaps a victim of friendly fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Man View Post
    Marstar haters, can't figure them out.
    Well you can't satisfy everyone that's for sure! Polite critisicm or feedback is not the same as hating tough in my opinion....What I don't get is all the over the top ego stokers who always chime in when John gets grumpy with his customers.
    For the record I like dealing with Marstar ( by phone) and I've never had an issue with them and have bought several guns and accessories. I even enjoy John's old school crustiness.... but I don't feel the need to stroke his ego in order to do business with his company.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    Why the need for a new site ?
    Whenever some one complained about the old one you just made some snotty remark to them and said there was nothing wrong with it
    I can't even remember as I always called in orders but maybe the old site didn't have a shopping cart.

The new site should boost internet sales for people who are afraid to call....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    That's the way I read your post....I think John was already in defensive/attack mode and assume you were piling on when in fact you were defending Marstar. I guess you are collateral damage or perhaps a victim of friendly fire.
    Better to catch friendly fire here than on the line
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    May 22nd - still none of the menus are working on a mac running Safari browser (the mac default).

I really feel you need to get this fixed Marstar. 20% of Canadian home computing users are now running mac - that means 1 in 5 potential customers can't see your menus and can't browse your site.

I've checked with the last 3 versions of Safari - no dice on any of my 3 macs, nor any of the 5 I have used off site to try to surf your site.

Pls have your web developer fix this bug.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

I'm satisfied with the layout of the new website. I don't need exploding beavers and pop-up to satisfy my online shopping experience.

BUT. I am also one of those impulse buyers at 3am with a glass of scotch in hand dreaming about how i'll conquer the world. For you to get my money, i need to be able to "Add to Cart", punch in my credit card number, and magically receive my package a week later.

So, I'm on hold till that function works. After that, you can have a few of my paychecks.

Expired Business
    MANBOY;
    We expect to have the cart "live" within a few days, there were delays outside of our control....
    We look forward to seeing your pay checks....

John

lol, thanks John!

that new site is alot better, great job

BANNED
    [QUOTE=manboy;7256173]I'm satisfied with the layout of the new website. I don't need exploding beavers and pop-up to satisfy my online shopping experience....
    QUOTE]

Okay, that finally made me reply to the thread.

Darn, exploding beavers.... what an image....

Congrats to Marstar for updating the website. It's a lot easier to use.... and it's still possible to go into the 'full auto' section and dream.

And it's nice to read that John's planning further improvements and refinements- he's listening to his customers. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    May 22nd - still none of the menus are working on a mac running Safari browser (the mac default).

I really feel you need to get this fixed Marstar. 20% of Canadian home computing users are now running mac - that means 1 in 5 potential customers can't see your menus and can't browse your site.

I've checked with the last 3 versions of Safari - no dice on any of my 3 macs, nor any of the 5 I have used off site to try to surf your site.

Pls have your web developer fix this bug.
    I don't know what you're talking about. I run nothing but macs and they work perfectly. Safari 5.1.x

A Winchester Model P94 plasma rifle. An industrial-grade energy weapon, firing superheated bolts of plasma down a superconducting barrel. Powered by microfusion cells.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast