Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rnd LAR-15 Mags from $19.99

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
    Are they steel or aluminum?
    They are metal but not magnetic so I would say aluminium.

CGN Regular
    Seems like someone's computer or forum account is compromised...that was probably posted by a bot.

guess i missed out. was just about to order a 10 pak. Any ideas if a 7.62x39 lar mag functions with .223 or is the curve too much. thinking maybe a beowolf type situation for 11 or 12 rounds
    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    Hunters really are the richest men in the world. We're more closely connected to nature and we take the time to appreciate the finer things in life - including the fundamentals of life itself.

You could say we take time to smell the coffee.:D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Even though I bought 5 from Frontier yesterday I just bought the 10 pack from Questar.

I'll have 20 LAR mags after this purchase so I can finally stop worrying about having enough mags for myself and buddies.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

Quote Originally Posted by JReid View Post
    They are metal but not magnetic so I would say aluminium.
    They are aluminum.

Hi guys

- I just order 10 mags, any one of you have send them cerakote? FDE is my color

Do these Grey Lar-15 mags work in the Norinco T97? I have been told the T97 does not like some Lar-15 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by yukonpete View Post
    Do these Grey Lar-15 mags work in the Norinco T97? I have been told the T97 does not like some Lar-15 mags.
    I have the same question, has anybody here tested it in your T97? Thanks.

As I didn't get a reply to my question regarding the LAR15 mags compatibility with the Norinco T97 I decided to order two and find out for myself.
    After putting 100 rounds of American Eagle AR 223 through my T97 I only had 2 failure to feed. I don't think it was a magazine problem. My T97 has only seen 140 rounds so I think it just needs a little break in time. All in all I give these mags two thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by yukonpete View Post
    As I didn't get a reply to my question regarding the LAR15 mags compatibility with the Norinco T97 I decided to order two and find out for myself.
    After putting 100 rounds of American Eagle AR 223 through my T97 I only had 2 failure to feed. I don't think it was a magazine problem. My T97 has only seen 140 rounds so I think it just needs a little break in time. All in all I give these mags two thumbs up!
    As I have found with these exact mags from this supplier in my T97, sometimes they will jam. Here's the fix:

Go home, and work the follower with any blunt instrument and give them a light oil. Work it up and down and store rounds in it when not in use.

Also, when you get to the range, give the mag a good ol' GI helmet bump on whatever surface is convenient before inserting them to ensure the rounds are seated right.

They will stop failing to feed... especially if you bump them before insertion.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast