Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10 Rnd LAR-15 Mags from $19.99

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Here's a noob AR question for any guru to answer...will any after market flip up rear sight (such as the Magpul) mounted on the rail, work with the factory front sight?
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    Here's a noob AR question for any guru to answer...will any after market flip up rear sight (such as the Magpul) mounted on the rail, work with the factory front sight?
    Almost all of them do, if they are advartised as "AR flip up rear sight" Then they do forsure. Good question though , I was throwing that one around a lot myself.
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Any of these available still?

Quote Originally Posted by ARS-031 View Post
    Any of these available still?
    Shipment just arrived... they are back up on the sight.

To all you guys who have these mags, what's the quality like? Looking at getting some, for sure, but having a 10 rd mag is great only if the fit and function is good. Any feedback on them? Thanks!

They're great, except for the followers are crap in my opinion. I swapped them out with the orange ones from C-products steel mags. Questar you folks definitely should start building them with new, better followers.

Thanks, mobusten, good to know. The only reviewer I could find online had replaced the followers as well. He seemed to like them fine otherwise. OK, now to price out followers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar
    Do these one have the "remedied followers"?
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

CGN Regular
    I bought some from the recent batch, they look great. The feed lips seems sharp but then again I haven't tried these at the range yet.
    I just took one apart and the quality is really great IMO. The follower is grey plastic and has a half cartridge "bump" to prevent getting the 10.5/11th round in.

The follower is an anti-rotation design so it can't flip over and moves freely up and down in the mag, spring is strong.
    Mag body color is an earthy flat grey colour. Floor plate is black and is tough to remove but can be removed for cleaning.

They say "RRA Model LAR-15 Pistol Magazine" and ".223/5.56 Nato - 10 round capacity" on them.

Are they steel or aluminum?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast