Thread: A Couple of Process Questions?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar

A Couple of Process Questions?

I thought that this might be a better idea than emailing you since a few members here may have the same curiosity?

Does the process impart any "hear" or "bake" into the part?
    For instance if you have trijicon sights on a pistol slide, any kind of painted baked on" finish is a no-no.Can the sights be "covered up" during the process so they don't get affected?

Can you do solid colours like Coyote brown, and Flat Dark Earth?

Thanks, I'm getting an order together BTW.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I thought that this might be a better idea than emailing you since a few members here may have the same curiosity?

Does the process impart any "hear" or "bake" into the part?
    For instance if you have trijicon sights on a pistol slide, any kind of painted baked on" finish is a no-no.Can the sights be "covered up" during the process so they don't get affected?

Can you do solid colours like Coyote brown, and Flat Dark Earth?

Thanks, I'm getting an order together BTW.
    I apologize Mildot, I somehow missed this thread. As for your questions the process does not use any heat or baking and so items that are heat sensitive are not affected. Also because we can control where we want and do not want the the decorative coating it makes it an ideal process for the project you describe, as well as items such as scopes. We can do solid colours and we can also match colours, all we need is a flat paint sample that we can scan.

This process is durable and is used by commercial firearm manufacturers to apply camouflage and other decorative patterns to firearms and firearm accessories. Cobra Imaging is a federally licensed firearm facility capable of decorating all classes of firearms for DND, law enforcement agencies and individuals alike.

Thanks for the reply, I'm interested in doing the slide on my "new" G17 with a FDE frame.
    CB would be a good "two tone" if it can be done. I really didn't want to ship the pistol frame, just because of the hassle. However I have a stock and maybe a couple of slides, one in CB, and one in MC? coming your way What do you need to match the CB?
    Here's a pic, not mine but the slide is in a "burnt bronze"

Here's the G17 with the FDE frame, it's more like a CB, IMO

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I'm interested in doing the slide on my "new" G17 with a FDE frame.
    CB would be a good "two tone" if it can be done. I really didn't want to ship the pistol frame, just because of the hassle. However I have a stock and maybe a couple of slides, one in CB, and one in MC? coming your way What do you need to match the CB?
    Here's a pic, not mine but the slide is in a "burnt bronze"

Here's the G17 with the FDE frame, it's more like a CB, IMO
    A paint chip is ideal when we are matching colours, even if you can find a colour card at your local paint store that is close to what you want then we can match off of that.

Roger that! Now the work begins LOL
    Thanks