Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom AR-15 Lower Receivers Available!

any pics yet?
    "No we operate with a seat-of-our-pants, run amok approach; fueled by panic and Rolaids." - North Eastern Arms

Shoot For You, Not Anyone Else

Supporting Business Member Motiuk Mfg.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SksA1 View Post
    any pics yet?
    Sorry, our anodizer delayed us for another week. New pics from the current batch should be up by next monday.
    Motiuk Mfg.
    www.motiuk.com
    sales@motiuk.com
    780-868-8295

Just happened upon this service. Really excellent, and something I'll be looking at when I do my AR15 build. Hell, I may just go ahead and get a lower receiver now (or as soon as I think of my custom engraving). I'm in Calgary so that helps. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Motiuk Mfg. View Post
    Of course. The C7/C8 replica I did up had "S" "R" "AUTO".
    I thought the RCMP decided that even non-functional "poser" markings that say Auto are not allowed.

Maybe 0 - 1 - You Wish is more to the point anyways.

I'm a bit confused. On some of these, the Motiuk logos don't seem to be present. Is removing them an option? (no offence) also wondering if all typefaces incl serial number and any Motiuk identification can be changed. I'd rather have a classic typewriter style font than the current sci-fi offering. Cheers.

Supporting Business Member Motiuk Mfg.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    I thought the RCMP decided that even non-functional "poser" markings that say Auto are not allowed.

Maybe 0 - 1 - You Wish is more to the point anyways.
    It seemed ok when I talked to them. It is very ambiguous regardless. If one decided, for some reason, to do an entire lower in classic Nimschke-style engraving, and the scroll work drifted into the "auto" position, is that then considered marked for "auto"? However, one thing that is a no-go, is engraving a faux auto sear pin in the exact location where the auto sear pin would be located.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    I'm a bit confused. On some of these, the Motiuk logos don't seem to be present. Is removing them an option? (no offence) also wondering if all typefaces incl serial number and any Motiuk identification can be changed. I'd rather have a classic typewriter style font than the current sci-fi offering. Cheers.
    I'm not sure what you mean by the logos not being present. Our manufacturer marking, model designation, and serial number appear on all of our lower receivers. As far as changing the font, we're currently getting clarification on that from the RCMP.
    Motiuk Mfg.
    www.motiuk.com
    sales@motiuk.com
    780-868-8295

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I think the previous post is referring to the pictures of other manufacturers rifles used as a "can you do this?" example
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Incidently, this is very cool -lot's of guys would like AR's marked like C7's and 8's
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Any upper pics yet. Impatiently Waiting hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    I actually just noticed looking at my PMAG and noticed that the font is very similar to Magpul's, seems just like the M is just backwards. I actually like it personally, but I can see the desire to have different fonts if available.