Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW 25

CGN Regular
    Pics ? I'm getting mine tomorrow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagobert View Post
    Wow!
    What a nice piece of wood dark brown color,

compatible magazine are CZ for the CZ 452, 453, 455, 512 and 513 rifles. Also compatible with most BRNO, Norinco and Puma .22 models.

what the max capacity in canada thank!
    Unless these mags are used in some kind of pistol (none that I'm aware of), there is no legal limit for .22, either bolt or semi auto. However, the biggest I've been able to find for my CZ 452 is a 10 round mag, and as far as I can tell, that's the biggest CZ makes. Really high quality, super reliable mags, can't go wrong with either polymer or metal (I have 5 an 10 round examples for both).

I once saw advertised online an aftermarket 30 round mag, but it looked positively franken-mag awful.

sure would be nice to have one.

CGN Regular

Sorry im no photographer !

----------------
    Last edited by dagobert; 02-08-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
    the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

CGN frequent flyer
    That wood definitely looks nicer than my model that is a few years old. I love the JW-25. I just think they are fun little rifles...well, not that little, they feel quite substantial, actually.
    The bolt on mine is smoother than my Marlin XT - although I am hoping that smooths out a bit over time and use.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by grelmar View Post
    WARNING!

Your first .22 is kinda like your first hit of crack... You get one, "just to try it", I mean, what harm could possibly come from just one? You buy a cheap brick of ammo....
    Nailed it, Grelmar.
    Wish I would've thought of that before trying out my first .22 (Savage Arms Mk II FVT Target .22LR Rifle). My order is shipping now so should be soon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by knotking View Post
    Nailed it, Grelmar.
    Wish I would've thought of that before trying out my first .22 (Savage Arms Mk II FVT Target .22LR Rifle). My order is shipping now so should be soon.
    I managed to "whittle down to" 3 at the moment, but that won't hold...

A CZ-452 Lux with Leupold 2-7x. Crazy accurate with CCI Segmented Hollowpoints at 1640FPS - yah, you read that velocity right. My other two .22 don't handle it well - too hot - but the nice rifling and long barrel on that Lux mean if I miss a gopher at 100 yards, it's my fault, can't blame the gun or the ammo.

An older (late 60s early 70s - not 100% sure of the date) Anschutz 184 "beater" with an equally season Japanes 4x scope.

And a fairly basic 10/22 carbine with a Vortex Sparc red dot on it...

But having only 3 .22 is kinda making me feel needy... Buy another .22 (and the JW-25 looks damn temping, having the same mags as my CZ makes it more so)... Or a Timney trigger for the Ruger...

Or maybe both... Because God created the "floating line of credit" for a reason...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Talk about fast shipping. Mine arrived yesterday instead of the expected Monday. I missed the drop, though.

Now I just need a decent repro sling

CGN Regular
    Mine arrived today. Thank goodness for the electronic notification. I might've missed the post office notice buried on the refrigerator with very other notice there. Once my busy week ends I will clean up the packing grease and put a picture up. First look it has almost a walnut finish to the stock.

I will honestly admit the take down instructions seem a bit daunting but I will learn more about that before I head to the range with it. It definitely has a cool factor to it, replica or not, I like it.

Did I see other posts on here that say certain cz .22 mags can be used?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast