Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Steyr L9-A1

Quote Originally Posted by jhardman View Post
    Also interested in this, I've been thinking about a PPQ as my first handgun but the Steyr L9 A1 or M9 A1 have me really intrigued. The ergonomics look similar but the ppq trigger is so smooth, would love to know how the Steyr compares.
    I have not shot the PPQ (god it's ugly compared to the P99AS) but I can tell you my M9-A1 has a crisp 5lb trigger and an almost imperceptible reset. It can be frankly difficult to hit a dinner plate sized target at 25 yards since I tend to jerk the barrel slightly when pulling the trigger - Takes a lot of practice.

Still, the best ergos and least recoil & muzzle flip of any 9mm pistol I've ever fired.

If it's light trigger you're after, my buddy's CZ75 is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman416 View Post
    I have not shot the PPQ (god it's ugly compared to the P99AS) but I can tell you my M9-A1 has a crisp 5lb trigger and an almost imperceptible reset. It can be frankly difficult to hit a dinner plate sized target at 25 yards since I tend to jerk the barrel slightly when pulling the trigger - Takes a lot of practice.

Still, the best ergos and least recoil & muzzle flip of any 9mm pistol I've ever fired.

If it's light trigger you're after, my buddy's CZ75 is incredible.
    Thanks for the feedback. My buddy bought a M40 this weekend so looks like I'll get a chance to try that trigger personally before deciding. The PPQ is admittedly less attractive than the P99 which is also on my list. Its unfortunate the ppq has that threaded barrel...
    The CZ75 is nice, shot it this weekend and was impressed by it as well.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jhardman View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. My buddy bought a M40 this weekend so looks like I'll get a chance to try that trigger personally before deciding. The PPQ is admittedly less attractive than the P99 which is also on my list. Its unfortunate the ppq has that threaded barrel...
    The CZ75 is nice, shot it this weekend and was impressed by it as well.
    let us know how the trigger is

Have these made it into the country yet?

And have they made it to the distributors if in fact they have entered Canada?
    I 'advise' you to learn how to spell 'advice'.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno1987 View Post
    let us know how the trigger is
    The trigger's pretty nice, not as good as the PPQ IMO but still light and crisp just as Sportsman416 suggested. Overall very nice pistol, the trapezoid sights took some getting used to but loved them by the end of the session and as stated before the ergo's and muzzle flip are ridiculous on this gun.

cant wait this is going to be my first pistol

Any new/progress to report? Sounds like retailers are now estimating a month or 2, anyone heard differently?

Looks pretty sweet...can't wait to get my hands on one.

The importer/distributor for Steyr here in Canada is totally unreliable, and personally,..Steyr needs to go another route to have their product line represented in this country. Service for Steyr firearms already owned by Canadians is virtually non existent. I've never received a response to any of my email inquiries....basically,they seem to want to sell them, and then wipe their hands clean when it comes to service. I have however been able to contact Steyr USA who were somewhat helpful,and even went so far as to apologize for poor Canadian support. These are phenomenal firearms...but with no after sales support and uneducated dealers.

They said the L9-A1's would be here in February, but they didn't say what year.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast