Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brs99 barrel shroud dreams

brs99 barrel shroud dreams

Hi there.

Just shy of a year ago I ordered a package deal from my gun store. I ordered a non-restricted brs99 with the restricted barrel and the barrel shroud. After a couple of months the gun came in but it only came with 2 mags and the two barrels. I was told that the shroud had not been manufactured yet and as soon as it was I would get it. I have been pestering the guys at my gun store every week since then and have gotten all sorts of stories about 'how its in the next shipment' and 'it will be a couple weeks', etc.

I was browsing on the Tactical Imports website and noticed they had the brs99 package with both barrels and 4 mags and the shroud. They also offered the shrouds on its own. In the description of the shroud it says it was manufactured by Fabryka Broni Lucznik.

Seeing them for sale leads me to believe that the production side of things has happened. I have already paid for the shroud when I bought the package deal and would just like a straight answer from anybody as to where the one that belongs to me might be. I understand that the shroud is not to enhance the performance of the gun, but in its non-restricted form it looks pretty darn lame without one.

Also I was wondering if those guns were supposed to come with 4 mags like every other package deal I have seen offered. If not I would love to know where I might be able to purchase some more mags as I find 2 is not enough.

Thank you for your time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    You know that barrel nut? Take it to a welder and have him weld some tube to that. But you should have got all your goods.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Not a bad idea thanks, but I still want to be able to use the other barrel.
    All im really upset about is I haven't got what I paid for and cant get a straight answer.
    Is there a way to email someone at north sylva or is my gun store to blame?
    I'd say I want my money back but that would mean returning the gun... Not happening.
    Feelin kinda powerless...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    What is the store? You have cause to complain and get a refund or credit.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I ordered one from tactical imports and they told me the barrel shroud was made in the us. I don't think it's a part that fabryka makes.
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    What is the store? You have cause to complain and get a refund or credit.
    Wanstalls, but they been very good at getting anything I need/want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    I ordered one from tactical imports and they told me the barrel shroud was made in the us. I don't think it's a part that fabryka makes.
    Im not sure who makes it but it says fabryka on their website if you click on the shroud.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Wanstalls is apply named, they have stalled on a few promises, for a long time. You are not the only guy waiting for these. I know a guy who has been waiting for ages, and I happen to know he bought the long barrel to compensate for bits that are much too short, if you get my drift, but is uncomfortable with how thin it looks, without the shroud. I told him if he waves it around quickly, no one will notice. Unfortunately, he misunderstood, and didn't know I was talking about the gun. Those nuns didn't deserve that, though they did laugh to cover their disgust.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Regular
    HI Gunnut604....there are more people than you think that jumped on this deal early...and all got squat....looks like your store listed the gun as a "tactical package" should include the shround and the short R barrel...but realized that the price was too low compared to others so the only way out is to ship just the gun with no tactical package accessories and no short barrel and make you wait till you give up......other packages (stores) all included the 3long, 1 short mags, shroud and R short barrel but the price was approx $2-300 more, THOSE people that bought elsewhere got ALL the parts and accessories LOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG ago! ! ! ! !

You get the Kit with only 2 mags and a NR barrel and BRS that is not registered ever as restricted, still kinda nice from a NR side of things but if you by a short barrel and a shroud you will have to add approx $500 to your debt....THAT is why the package is now "unavailable".

All in all this will teach a lesson to everyone who plays the PRE ORDER bs game...GET your list if items...PIECE BY PIECE listed on your invoice BEFORE you pay or make a deposit...it is your ONLY safeguard or way to enforce the retail contract you have entered in with a store.

Sorry for the long rant..but a few of my friends just got word that the shround and barrel are a lost cause..so take the gun or leave it is your option....always a catch in Canada for stuff we want...
    You can make some of the people happy some of the time...but NEVER all the people happy ALL of the time, just the way life goes.

No offense to the retailers...but perhaps you can back the store with your side of the proof!!!

I don't like to bash the retailers on here, but I almost ordered mine from wanstalls till they told me I had I prepay it. Not the first gun I've called them about to pre order either, an got the same story. I guess it is their policy to tie up the customers money instead of their own, but we all know how unstable this industry can be. I know I'm not about to dish out a grand or 2 and sit on the never never plan for this stuff.
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast