Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Higher capacity magazines for bone stock Savage rifles.

will they fit savage 110 series LA?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heyrosco View Post
    No limit for bolt actions.
    I thought it was all box mags. So, the new Mossberg MVP rifle that comes with AR mags could technically come with 30 rd mags that we could use like pistol mags in our AR's?

I like that and plan.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSTANG View Post
    I thought it was all box mags. So, the new Mossberg MVP rifle that comes with AR mags could technically come with 30 rd mags that we could use like pistol mags in our AR's?

I like that and plan.
    Here we go again. If a rifle is designed to use AR mags, then you have the standard AR mag capacity limitations. If you design a new bolt rifle that takes a brand new design mag, that new magazine can be unlimited capacity.

Just because an AR mag fits into a bolt rifle, does not automatically make that magazine legal with more than 5 rounds. It all comes down to what the magazine was designed for. If the mag was designed to work in an AR, the mag is limited to 5 rounds, no matter what rifle the mag works with. The LAR mags were designed to work in the LAR pistol and therefore they are limited to 10 rounds because that is the firearm the mag was designed for.

Now perhaps if you could design and manufacture and sell a new bolt rifle that takes new magazines, that just happen to also function in an AR, you might be in luck. I'd bet the bolt rifle should only takes the new mag but wouldn't take AR mags. You might be able to do it based on the logic that the 7.62 Lee Enfield mags are supposed to work in the M14, but M14 mags won't work in the Le Enfield.

The best bet is to get rid of the stupid mag capacity laws in the first place.
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Here we go again. If a rifle is designed to use AR mags, then you have the standard AR mag capacity limitations. If you design a new bolt rifle that takes a brand new design mag, that new magazine can be unlimited capacity.

Just because an AR mag fits into a bolt rifle, does not automatically make that magazine legal with more than 5 rounds. It all comes down to what the magazine was designed for. If the mag was designed to work in an AR, the mag is limited to 5 rounds, no matter what rifle the mag works with. The LAR mags were designed to work in the LAR pistol and therefore they are limited to 10 rounds because that is the firearm the mag was designed for.

Now perhaps if you could design and manufacture and sell a new bolt rifle that takes new magazines, that just happen to also function in an AR, you might be in luck. I'd bet the bolt rifle should only takes the new mag but wouldn't take AR mags. You might be able to do it based on the logic that the 7.62 Lee Enfield mags are supposed to work in the M14, but M14 mags won't work in the Le Enfield.

The best bet is to get rid of the stupid mag capacity laws in the first place.

I totally agree.

My apologies.

If Mossberg sold their rifles with their own made mag, like the pistol, then that would be what we need right? So someone call Mossberg and let's get this puppy started! Lol! I'm thinking, the RCMP would figure it out, I'm pretty sure. But if they did manufacture their own mags for that rifle and it would give us a mag that would work in the rifles like the Tavor, SCAR, AR, XCR, etc, we would be in great shape. Then pistols would be next. Lol!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    To start, we are going for the volume leading SA 4.40" actions.

As time permits, we will move to the LA cause that one may actually be easier to cover ALL the gens out there.

Lastly 4.25" SA. This shouldn't be too hard to get going.

No firm ETA. Just work in progress.

Jerry
    Ahhhhwwww camman Jerry, you're gonna have to do better than that!!! My poor little 10-FLCP (which has nothing left but the -L ) would LOVE some 8+ rounders!!!! Three rounds + 1 is just so, soooo sad...

Woot! I'm in for at least a 1/2 dozen :D
    - God created the Earth, Mauser drew the property lines
    - Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
    - Member NFA/CSSA/NRA/RCAF/CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Red Herring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    Savage has little interest in making higher cap mags.

Jerry
    Thats too bad. With the success of the RGS, you would think it would be a no brainer for manufacturers to turn out a few 10 rounder mags for existing rifles.

Glad you are coming up with something! Might be a savage in my future!

Supporting Dealer
    The US continues to makes thing harder for export. Just heard one of my big suppliers has quit exporting.

That is a ton of stuff that I cannot access. So I am working on other routes but more importantly, ways to make the stuff in Canada.

Sooner or later, the US doors will shut.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    Not dumb; an extremely valid question.

The answer is simple: the five round limit applies only to semiautomatic or pump action centrefire rifles.

And the best thing about CGN is that, if I'm wrong, somebody will correct me ... fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyG View Post
    WRONG! Pump action has no limit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    And there you have the ever polite corrections CGN is known for.

WRONG!!!!!! I love it.
    WRONG! You don't love it, and there are exceptions to the 5 round centerfire semi limit, including the Garand, with it's 8 round enbloc.

Now, back to the topic, bring on a reasonable detachable 10 round 10fp mag.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Regular
    The 5 round limit may still apply when hunting. Im not 100% sure on that so dont rip my head off if im wrong.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast