Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Higher capacity magazines for bone stock Savage rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by wce323078 View Post
    Jerry I have a savagemodel10 fcp with the 10 round mag. looking at hunting regs it seems we can only have 5 rounds in mag, I would bet they mean a mag that will only hold 5. so my question is is there a 5 round mag I can get for the fcp.or is there a savage mag that will fit?
    Read the regulations. That is only for auto-loading firearms. Otherwise the hordes of Lee-Enfields out there would all be illegal to hunt with, using the standard magazine.

CGN Regular
    tag

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    Simplest and least expensive solution is put a block into the 10rds mag so it cannot hold more then 5rds.

If you are using an AI mag then I can offer a 5rds. There are many wannabe ai clone mags so unsure what is actually in the Savage.

Jerry
    Not needed. Alberta hunting regulations only requires a 5 round magazine in auto-loading firearms when used for big game hunting. A Marlin 60 for Grouse is perfectly legal as well.

CGN frequent flyer Don'tkillbill's Avatar
    I would be interested in a 10 round mag for my 308 10FCP-k. It would great for shooting pop ups and other shooting I do at longer ranges.

Price point about 100?

Savage 10 BA too?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

Supporting Dealer
    At this time if the Savage has that front release center feed det mag and bottom metal, changing to an aftermarket DBM will be necessary. That will likely also involve inletting the stock to fit.

I have CDI DBM's in now and these take AI type mags.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

I just picked up an axis in 30-06. Any options for this rifle?

Supporting Dealer
    Not at this time but go bug CDI Precision. They are likely the ones to jump on new product.

AND I can import.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

oops
    Last edited by Miggitymac; 04-11-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: my bad

Behold! (Sound of gong being struck) I think I finally got it. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Here we go again. If a rifle is designed to use AR mags, then you have the standard AR mag capacity limitations. If you design a new bolt rifle that takes a brand new design mag, that new magazine can be unlimited capacity.

Just because an AR mag fits into a bolt rifle, does not automatically make that magazine legal with more than 5 rounds. It all comes down to what the magazine was designed for. If the mag was designed to work in an AR, the mag is limited to 5 rounds, no matter what rifle the mag works with. The LAR mags were designed to work in the LAR pistol and therefore they are limited to 10 rounds because that is the firearm the mag was designed for.

Now perhaps if you could design and manufacture and sell a new bolt rifle that takes new magazines, that just happen to also function in an AR, you might be in luck. I'd bet the bolt rifle should only takes the new mag but wouldn't take AR mags. You might be able to do it based on the logic that the 7.62 Lee Enfield mags are supposed to work in the M14, but M14 mags won't work in the Le Enfield.

The best bet is to get rid of the stupid mag capacity laws in the first place.
    Last edited by Miggitymac; 04-11-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: grammer

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast