Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to shoot in Ontario?

Where to shoot in Ontario?

Hey, I've recently inherited two shotguns from my grandfather. I'm completely new to shooting sports and from what I understand I can legally use them on crown land, but my issue is I have no idea where crown land is in my area (Simcoe/Muskoka). If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

BANNED
    http://crownlanduseatlas.mnr.gov.on.ca/

Agree to the terms and enter.

This is a map that will tell you all the crown land and it's use policy.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by phat matt View Post
    Hey, I've recently inherited two shotguns from my grandfather. I'm completely new to shooting sports and from what I understand I can legally use them on crown land, but my issue is I have no idea where crown land is in my area (Simcoe/Muskoka). If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!
    I will probably get attacked for this for some reason... HOWEVER, I assume you have your PAL?

Yep. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    http://crownlanduseatlas.mnr.gov.on.ca/

Agree to the terms and enter.

This is a map that will tell you all the crown land and it's use policy.
    If the map says it's crown land, and hunting is permitted, can you set up some targets and shoot off some rounds?

Are there any caveats like needing a hunting license/permit, or can you just check the map, go deep, and shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by cgnnut View Post
    If the map says it's crown land, and hunting is permitted, can you set up some targets and shoot off some rounds?

Are there any caveats like needing a hunting license/permit, or can you just check the map, go deep, and shoot?
    Im wondering the same thing as well. Orillia gun club is full, and from what I've heard, not the greatest. Is this an option to get out and get some rounds down range?

Yes you can shoot on crown land and you don’t need a hunting licence unless you’re hunting. Just make sure you have a good back stop.
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

Perfect, now to familiarize myself with crown land nearby :P.

Are there any other sources other than the listed link above for finding available hunting/shooting grounds (specifically in the Orillia/Muskoka region)

CGN Regular
    Tag for the map, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast