Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: TNW Firearms Suomi M-31 Coming Soon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    Why stop there? Have Christmas every pay cheque! "What's this under the tree? Another firearm for little ol' me??"

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    It does seem pretty reasonable. Hopefully if the ppsh comes it will be cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by DJdeadlyDALEK View Post
    Why stop there? Have Christmas every pay cheque! "What's this under the tree? Another firearm for little ol' me??"
    I love guns for Christmas.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

OK, TNW sent Marstar packing because of pricing disagreement. Now NS has signed deal for Cdn $700.00 each piece MSRP. Honestly don't believe Cdn $270.00 higher price each unit adds up for shipping, documentation, customs, etc.

Cdn $700.00 is MSRP, how much below that will NS actually sell these for? We shall see.

Gouging?? Just my opinion. Look at consumer products US vs CDN, hence "cross border shopping".

Quote Originally Posted by Jetss View Post
    OK, TNW sent Marstar packing because of pricing disagreement. Now NS has signed deal for Cdn $700.00 each piece MSRP. Honestly don't believe Cdn $270.00 higher price each unit adds up for shipping, documentation, customs, etc.

Cdn $700.00 is MSRP, how much below that will NS actually sell these for? We shall see.

Gouging?? Just my opinion. Look at consumer products US vs CDN, hence "cross border shopping".
    Ummm it looks like they are making new barrels as well, hence they will be non restricted.
    In God we trust! Everyone else pays cash.

Well,
    If they are in the US and nonrestricted, it's easier to pickup nonrestricted stuff from across the border now. If you can get it cheaper, I would do that. No sarcasm involved here either folks. When I can't find cheap enough AR parts, I will legally go to the US and order the parts from there. Sometimes even with duty it ends up way cheaper. However, sometimes we are cheaper here. There is afew different exporters in the US. No more bitching. Go check it out. If they aren't getting it for the price you agree with, check elsewhere. It's the basis of our society. I would like to say, North Sylva has done great things for us here so I mean no disrespect of any kind. Afterall, they did bring us the awsome M&P VTAC's that a few of us really wanted. Thanks for that guys.

This is how free enterprise works. We can moan and complain about the prices all we want and nobody will care, but if we can find it cheaper elsewhere we have done something about it. If there is no competition, than your screwed to pay whatever they want. Lol!

Quote:
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar

Don't forget that the barrels have to be extended to 18.5 inches to make them non restricted, that's a custom job, costs extra.

Also it's not likely to be a huge initial order, we're lucky that TNW is even bothering to deal a custom order to Sylva. TNW probably wants a few extra bucks to deal with the extra complications of dealing with Sylva's requirements.

We should appreciate that Sylva is putting their money on the line to bring these in, and that if all goes well it'll grease the wheels for the PPSh too.

Don't get all up in arms over the price when that's a generally accepted reality for most guns that come in from the US (check out US Keltec prices), to call it gouging is really unfair to Sylva.

I don't think the barrels are a custom job. TNW is producing longer barrels to avoid the U.S. laws where you have to pay an additional $200 to own the gun from what I've seen. I don't know the entire reason why but the proper length barrel makes it fall into this category of more dangerous guns with extra licensing down there as well.

Super Moderator
    The guns TNW is selling in the US have 16+ inch replacement barrels to meet US NFA requirements, avoiding SBR status.
    The Cdn order would require new, longer barrels. A special run.
    They could be sold here with original barrels, as restricted firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    The guns TNW is selling in the US have 16+ inch replacement barrels to meet US NFA requirements, avoiding SBR status.
    The Cdn order would require new, longer barrels. A special run.
    They could be sold here with original barrels, as restricted firearms.
    Sounds pretty regular for us here and our weird barrel lengths.

Quote:
    End Quote: