Thread: Mono-metal bullets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Splatter's Avatar

Mono-metal bullets

In 2010 I bought a bunch of Frontier "Game Ranger" bullets in .308 and .311, and in several weights.

I'm very happy with their design and performance, so far (I still haven't shot any game with those bullets; but that's not the fault of the bullets).

Now I need some .338" bullets an I note that Frontier makes the Spartan bullet in that size in 200, 250 and 270 grain.
    I'd be most interested in the 250 grain; but would certainly try the 200 or the 270.

Any chance that you'll get some in soon?

I'd also be very interested in the .224 CMJ bullets, if the price was reasonable (as most Marstar prices are)
    Last edited by Splatter; 08-01-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: To get attention
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

CGN frequent flyer

replaced!

I asked a similar question a while back and was told that Frontier bullets had been replaced by Berry's. Same story at the other place that used to sell them.

B

That'd be too bad, because the Frontier Game Ranger are in my limited experience, a class above the Berry's and Berry's has nothing comparable to the Spartan.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. "

Noam Chomsky

CGN frequent flyer
    yep, and the game ranger has no problem with 2500fps, wonder if Berry's plans to make any high velocity plated bullets. Would be nice.

Mono-metal bullets

Seriously, the Frontier "Spartan" bullets could take a big chunk of the market from Barnes.
    South African made and tested, how much better can you get?

Ok, just a necro-edit/bump.

Those Spartan bullets sure look nice!
    Last edited by Splatter; 11-03-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Necro-bump

Noam Chomsky