Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ttt

Quote Originally Posted by WARMACHINE View Post
    So purchased a CZ858 with the B&T magwell adapter so it can accept the XCR 7.62x39 10rnd mags from Wolverine supply. The mag adapter was installed by Wolverine supply.
    I took the rifle out to the range today and this set up does not work at all. the rounds do not load properly, not even close. i don't know who or how they think this set up works but this rifle and mag adapter is total crap. Anyone else have this same problem? Should these rifles not be tested before being sold!!?? I would not recommend this product to anyone. Stick with the original CZ858 mags for these rifles and stay away from the B&T mag adapter from Wolverine supply.
    What are you doing that it doesnt work at all?

When you use the magazine that came with the rifle do you pull the bolt fully to the rear and let it go? I have found that if you ride the bolt at all, it will misfeed.

Also sometimes there is some minor differences with the mags and may require a little "fitting" so they function perfectly. The mag that came with the gun should function properly.

All the guns that have left Wolverine have been tested when we found their was an "issue" with the tolerances that were given to the machinest.

If you still have a problem, I suggest you contact Wolverine to get the problem worked out.
    "And so, pointing fingers become pointing guns,
    because nobody listens to fingers"

I doubt you will be so angry after talking with Wolverine about the issue. I havent had to do warranty thru them but have had many other dealings with them. I would say they are my hands down favourite business to deal with. Now, please describe the problems your rifle is having as your discription is too vague for anyone to try and help much. FWIW you are trying to mix parts made for completely different guns by using other parts to hold them together. I wouldnt be surprised if they dont all work perfect. Mags may need tweaking, could be ammo-picky etc.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Wolverine is always top notch in customer service. From personal experince I am confident they will address your concerns.............. I'd be annoyed as heck as well but would go to them first.
    If at first you don't succeed ................... sky diving is not for you.

Definitely contact wolverine and let them know. You'll find they are one of the few companies out there that stand by their word and ensure customer satisfaction. They will resolve this for you, I have no doubts.
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

+1 always had super service from them.

Wink

As all here have said, Wolverine is tops as far as service goes.

As far as the B&T magwell adapter goes; I have recently had one installed on my cz-858-4v.
    Everything works as advertized. The bolt will not lock back anymore as that function is part of the original mags. You can load from the stripper clip, unlike what others have said, but it is definitely not as good as the sks. However, this didn't change with the addition of the magwell adapter/mags, but is a function of the bolt carrier. It is not as tight/defined as the sks and therefore there is a lot more movement of the clip back and forth. Again the adapter had no effect on this function.

I have purchased and fired 4 xcr mags on top of the test one sent with the rifle and have not had a single fail of any type. I fired over 250 rounds in my first range session to ensure the rifle still worked flawlessly along with rotating the 5 mags. I'm surprised no one else has chimed in on their experiences thus far...
    I am a very satisfied customer, and very much enjoyed shooting as many rounds and as accurately as the norc beside me that day.

CGN frequent flyer
    I found that I had to ensure my rounds were all at the very back of the mag, and that I didn't ride my bolt at all to get reliable feeding (not 100% but pretty good). I also found it was still possible to use stripper clips but it was difficult to get the last couple rounds to load, and because the rounds weren't all at the very back of the mag, I would get misfeeds. Too much of a PITA for me so I sold mine and kept my regular CZ.

PS: Wolverine has excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog333 View Post
    I'm surprised no one else has chimed in on their experiences thus far...
    Possibly because those who have dealt with function/warranty/return issues don't want to beat a dead horse.

This is what my 858 looks like after installation of a B&T adapter and the subsequent problems. FWIW, I am very happy with the XCR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Stevo wins

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Stevo wins
    LOL, but I had to spend a lot more than I wanted to in order to get the prize!

Over 1k through the XCR and not a single FTF. I couldn't get through 2 mags with the B&T without one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast