Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Wool Blankets

Sounds good to me.
    The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We will be having them made, so let me know what features you look for.
    Kinda what got this thread going way back when........... Compared to where we seem to be now, is why it is a let down.

If I'm jumping to conclusions, then I owe Canada Ammo a public appology.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    .... then I owe Canada Ammo a public appology.
    Just them?

Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    A dumbass like you owe allot more then I.............

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

BANNED
    Oh Oh!!

He's all pecker fingers on the pooter. Nothing to worry about..............

Moving along..................

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Not sure if you are trying to be hostile, but lighten up if you are.

We were offered these surplus blankets, so we took them. Not everything is a scam

The wool blankets are far from a priority given how busy we are right now.

They will come eventually, but they are just blankets, and very low on my list of things to do.
    Not trying to be hostile. Simply stating how I feel. I have said I would buy 4-5 of the thread specific blankets. Still willing, however, I don't want to waste money on lesser blankets for the same price and then not be able to buy the ones I spoke for. Not my way of doing business. Too many here already do that and retailers are left holding the stock.

Case in point for me losing out. When you brought the Norinco Ammo in last year. I called and placed an order within the first week for an SKS and a crate to ensure that I would get that ammo. I spoke directly to YOU at the time, not Paul, you confirmed that. I tried to talk you into an ammo/SKS package if I bought more ammo. You said that wasn't going to happen so I bought the SKS AND A CRATE OF AMMO separarately for your listed price. Not TWO WEEKS LATER, you were offering a package deal that would have saved me enough to make a second crate attractive enough to be worthwhile. So, once bit, twice shy. And no one emailed an offer to back date that deal. I just figured that that was the way it goes, and suck it up. Don't want the same deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by onmywaytoimpact View Post
    Last ETA was 'spring'. Spring starts in a few weeks, and runs for a few months. Chill.
    As I said below, this shipment coincided with a spring delivery date. Perhaps a stop-gap measure for those of us wanting the blankets.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgunner49 View Post
    Wow - so you have how much time, money, sweat and tears tied up in this project???
    apparently more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    This is amazing. Let's rip the guy another one. Oh wait. Some folks already are.
    Something I learned a long time ago - avoid saying online to someone what you wouldn't say while face-to-face with them.
    sorry, I would say this the same way whether online or in person. Feel offended by certain actions and events, I will tell you you have your head up your a$$. Cuts right to the chase. I'm not rich enough to buy friends, so I state it plain.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET View Post
    There's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. Dirty old blankets. Can't some one just delete this thread and start over?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaspa View Post
    Holy smokes, it's a mil issue wool blanket for $45. If you want top notch quality look at Woolrich or HBC's blankets but they run for around $400 for the same size.
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLSGAME59 View Post
    Could you do like a Hudson Bay or similar. I would buy like 10 depending on the quality how thick etc.
    Obviously you people have not read this entire thread. That is what CanAm opened this thread with. A new manufacture blanket similar in size, weight, and quality to the HB blankets (made of Australian Wool) but for $50 each. If I went back through this thread, we would see that some deadlines announced were not met, manufacturers failed to provide samples, materials have changed, continents have changed, dates have changed... NP. Stuff happens. A spring delivery was acceptable to everyone here. Since there was no further info, and knowing that CanadaAmmo has got to be VERY busy right now just trying to get ammo in, I as willing to wait on the blankets. However, seeing the milsurp ones on the site, kind of struck me wrong, ESP with no notice given that the blanket project was still underway. I don't know about you people, but it is quite clear that there is a GENUINE interest in this topic by those that know about blankets and these milsurp offered, coincidentally in the spring, unfortunately smacked of misdirection.
    ThriveLife-Cold Lake - Like having a grocery store in your basement. www.canada.tednshannonthrive.thrivelife.com
    Possession is 9/10's of the NEED!!
    "When guns become outlawed, only outlaws will have them" - Louis L'Amour.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    no dates have changed. it is not even spring yet. What has affect this, as I said, is how busy the gun industry has become this year due to Sandy Hook, etc. It affects everything we do, especially low priority projects like blankets. Just letting you know, so yu are informed and up to date on what is happening.

FYI we have a 30 day return policy i.e. we honour the sale up to 30 days

no dates have changed. it is not even spring yet. What has affect this, as I said, is how busy the gun industry has become this year due to Sandy Hook, etc. It affects everything we do, especially low priority projects like blankets. Just letting you know, so yu are informed and up to date on what is happening.

Fair enough and thank you.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

CanAm, I absolutely appreciate the info update, I do look forward to eventually receiving my blankets. Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, the return shipping on a crate of ammo and a rifle would have negated the deal discount and made it no longer worthwhile. As I said, once bitten...

Please, EVERYONE!! I have made numerous purchases from CanadaAmmo. All have been exactly as advertised without fail. I will continue to purchase from them, especially since recent info is out. As I said in my first post, the coincidental occurance of the milsurp blankets so close to Spring, had me a bit confused.
    ThriveLife-Cold Lake - Like having a grocery store in your basement. www.canada.tednshannonthrive.thrivelife.com
    Possession is 9/10's of the NEED!!
    "When guns become outlawed, only outlaws will have them" - Louis L'Amour.