Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P 15-22 25 round mag fiasco--solution?

M&P 15-22 25 round mag fiasco--solution?

Hi North Sylva,

I've been told that you will pin the offending magazines for free. Is this true? What is the procedure to return and modify them? Will you pin *our* magazines and ship them back or will we get someone else's pinned mags?
    Any estimate on turn-around time?

An idea: There is an online company at www.tacticool22.com. They are selling a S&W M&P 15-22 25 round to 10 round magazine restrictor for $4.25. If this product is indeed acceptable to CFC I think you may be able to sell a good number of them.

Your reply is eagerly anticipated by thousands of us.
    Self Defense is a HUMAN right!

Proud member of CSSA
    Proud member of CCFR
    Proud member of NRA

I just got my registered letter regarding the same thing. What really upsets me the most is that i bought the gun and the mag legally, bought other mags from S&W out of the U.S and sent them to Canada no problem with customs, and that was last week. Now they tell me they are ilegal and i have 40 days to change them out the local authorities will be contacted. So now i am the criminal being threatend by our great Government. Got to love our true North strong and free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Don't you know we are all a pen stroke away from being criminals? I think it is time we redefine some terms in Canada.

CGN frequent flyer BlaqueJacqueShallaque's Avatar
    North Sylva could step up by making the process of fixing the mags and documenting it to the satisfaction of the RCMP quick and transparent.

So far there's been nothing from them on this issue.
    Member: CSSA NFA CPC

I myself am waiting for a little info from North Sylva...I'm assuming that since they put it the letter that North Sylva offers this service it must be true. But then again, that's assuming that the people of the Canadian firearm control are NORMAL! And that's assuming a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqueJacqueShallaque View Post
    North Sylva could step up by making the process of fixing the mags and documenting it to the satisfaction of the RCMP quick and transparent.

So far there's been nothing from them on this issue.
    Actually, we posted what could be done months ago.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=600222

All those interested in sending their magazines back to be modified, please contact jeff@northsylva.com. He will see that it gets done in a timely fashion. Please be ready to provide,

o Full Name

o Address

o Phone Number

o PAL

o Serial Number of their rifle

o Quantity of magazines to be sent in for modification

o Credit Card Number – There is a service charge of $10 + tax. The letter does say service is free, but that was an error on the RCMP's part.

Extra magazines are being made available @ $28.95 each

Thanks,
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 09-19-2011 at 11:41 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    you can also do this if you want short mags:

ht tp://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/119841-d-i-y-short-5-medium-10-round-magazines.html

i got short mags now...do i still need to call them? yea..they're 10 rounders

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    Thank the Conservatives for the problems. They have done nothing to solve the illogical firearms law. I, like others, vote conservative and would like firearm laws identical to the U.S.A.'s 2nd Amendment but I grow tired of the Conservatives foot dragging.

Quote Originally Posted by gc1226 View Post
    i got short mags now...do i still need to call them? yea..they're 10 rounders
    Where do you buy the 10 rd mag?? I'm really interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast