Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your chance to own a jewel of a rifle. Inquire within.

I'm not gonna lie that thing is ugly
    "People who have never owned or used one claim that the Remington pump guns are not as accurate as their bolt guns.

And the people who own and shoot them just chuckle at those statements."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sun_and_Steel_77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
    I'd pay $10k for that first, because once I strip the crap off of it underneath its a Hino. The other one is still a Weatherby.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If they spent a few roopees on brake shoes and an annual inspection instead of all that bling maybe they could have avoided ending up at the bottom of the ravine.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I can only imagine how much ugly like that costs. The uglier it is, the more it costs....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Luv it or not such a waste given the odds it will never be fired.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Hmmm....I need a new truck gun.

If I win the jackpot, I'll give you guys a call. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_and_Steel_77 View Post
    I don't see anything attached to your username that says you're a Moderator, so ease up there captain 'cause barking your bulls**t orders is an exercise in futility.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware this is the intranets, someone posts an image claiming something is positively bad-ass they better be prepared for criticism. It happens to everybody, it helps to have thick skin and some people get as emotional as a three year-old who just watched their sand castle get washed away by the tide.

As for the rifle in question "interesting" is the only way to describe it.
    I'll be watching this thread to see if it sells.
    I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone. This is the business private forum. This means people will pay the proper respect to the business as this is essentially the business store front. No respectable individual will go into a store and tell the store owner in his face his product is ugly in a demeaning manner. To do so is rude, devoided of manner and disrepectful.

Even if this is not the business forum, it takes a rude and insensitive jerk to tell someone's in his face that his rifle is ugly. Seriously, what will your reaction be, if I run up to you and tell you in your face your wife is fat, ugly and unattractive?? In an internet forum, you will get kicked out. In real life, you will get punched out.

The is the internet but this forum is private. When one signs up for an account, one agrees to a set of terms of use and the forum rules. If one refuses to respect other people, the person will be asked to leave. We don't want to hold peoples' hands - but we will if we need to.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Look how much quieter it got.

I have seen one of these in person and have had the chance to run my hands over one. They are much nicer in person than in pictures. As mentioned the blueing is superb and makes my Python look damn near bargain bin. The inlay may not be everyones cup of tea, but the craftsmanship is excellent. I personally would not shoot it either as I have other rifles that I can beat the bush with. BUT, that is just me. If I had the money, I would buy this rifle as it is a piece of art to look at. I unfortunately do not, but somebody does and will buy this rifle. It isn't meant for everyone, nor should it be. My opinion only of course.
    "A man is only as good as his word"

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Seriously, what will your reaction be, if I run up to you and tell you in your face your wife is fat, ugly and unattractive??
    I said "pardon". I SNAP! LOSE IT! I head fake 'em with a piece of cake and the idiot goes for it. Heater to the heart, smoker to the jaw, and a fluree to the solar plexus. He was out cold, face first in the ground. I said "hows that Mr Knuckles, Did I blow my wad in Misses Champs face good enough for yea."

Id rather buy this as art to hang up on the wall then to buy a $10,000 painting. I'd give in and shoot it though. I have $200 kitchen knifes that are a work of art and everyone complains that I shouldn't be using them since they're so pretty. Screw that, its a tool. Plus, expensive quality knifes are easier to sharpen and their edge lasts way longer.
    Last edited by NoBark; 06-21-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Meh. I guess thats the problem with the internet, it gives everyone an opinion.

Love it or hate it, I went out of my way to take some pictures of a rifle that most of you will never see in your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Meh. I guess thats the problem with the internet, it gives everyone an opinion.

Love it or hate it, I went out of my way to take some pictures of a rifle that most of you will never see in your lifetime.
    It wouldn't be art if it didn't inspire love in some and loathing in others!

I have tended to find art in simplicity, but that may come from being poor

One ought to respect the time and talent it took in creating something like that. Certainly took more time and talent than 'Voice of Fire' which went for a cool 1.8 million.

I stood in front of that painting for 10 minutes, and all I could see was every t4 I had ever sent into revenue canada.

Thank you for the pictures of the rifle, I'm certain that it will make someone very happy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast