Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Licensed visitor

CGN Regular

Licensed visitor

I would like to know if I am able to go to Targetsports as a non member and shoot.

I do have my PAL, and I would be bring my own firearms.

I have read on their sites that I can pay 40 bucks and shoot. A Friday or so ago, me and nd my friend (who has his PAL) were on our way up, when we decided to call and confirm. The guy who answered said no that we can't. Can I get some details?

Im not sure but I think you can go shooting, just cant take your own guns.
    Ruger P85/Springfield XD45 Tactical/ Springfield 1911-A1 Longslide/Glock 20 with KKM Stainless Match .40 S&W conversion/Smith and Wesson 686/Smith and Wesson 629/Steyr M-A1/H&K USP-9/Smith and Wesson 4506
    Sir Alan Sugar:Never underestimate me because you will be making a fatal error. I don't like liars. I don't like cheats. I don't like bulls**tters. I don't like schmoozers and I don't like arse-lickers.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkles88 View Post
    I would like to know if I am able to go to Targetsports as a non member and shoot.

I have read on their sites that I can pay 40 bucks and shoot. A Friday or so ago, me and nd my friend (who has his PAL) were on our way up, when we decided to call and confirm. The guy who answered said no that we can't. Can I get some details?
    YOU CAN. You can use your own firearms provided you have a valid ATT to transport them. Pay the fee, no steel cored ammo and you are good to go. I've done this before. The only catch is, if the shooting bays are full, specially on weekends, you might have to wait a little longer. Weekday mornings are better.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chadeech's Avatar

Many clubs allow licensed people to shoot ,i pay 25.00 when i go
    however some are members only should be easy enough to find out speak to someone in charge i find alot of the youngins at the counter on commision
    are pretty flaky when it comes to rules etc poor training
    Disarming the victims is not gun control
    Veritas Aequitas

From what I understand, it all depends on availability of RO's. Just because you have a license and own firearms, doesnt mean you know how to shoot and or know the club specific rules of this range. That being said, an R.O needs to be present (unless they've recently changed their policy)

My opinion, these days, that place is bat sh*t crazy busy with walk-in's, and lets be honest here.. walk in's generate ALOT more revenue then the occasional shooters like yourselves. I used to be a member many moons ago when it was much quieter, these days its too busy and pricey (membership is around 600+ for first year) for me to contintue to shoot there. Again, this is MY opinion.
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    From what I understand, it all depends on availability of RO's. Just because you have a license and own firearms, doesnt mean you know how to shoot and or know the club specific rules of this range. That being said, an R.O needs to be present (unless they've recently changed their policy)

My opinion, these days, that place is bat sh*t crazy busy with walk-in's, and lets be honest here.. walk in's generate ALOT more revenue then the occasional shooters like yourselves. I used to be a member many moons ago when it was much quieter, these days its too busy and pricey (membership is around 600+ for first year) for me to contintue to shoot there. Again, this is MY opinion.
    I have done it there a few times you just have to use your onw guns and have atts for them and pay the 40 fee you dont need a ro at all

I have to agree that the information they have listed indicates that this can be done. I called some time back and asked the same thing. One of the people that answered the phone said I needed an ATT from a club I was part of in order for me to use my own firearms. I later found out that it was a bogus line.

They do seem to respond more happily if you are spending a large amount of money there. If you just want to shoot with your own firearms and ammo....well, let's just say customer service isn't their strong point.

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjarods View Post
    I have to agree that the information they have listed indicates that this can be done. I called some time back and asked the same thing. One of the people that answered the phone said I needed an ATT from a club I was part of in order for me to use my own firearms. I later found out that it was a bogus line.

They do seem to respond more happily if you are spending a large amount of money there. If you just want to shoot with your own firearms and ammo....well, let's just say customer service isn't their strong point.
    Sjarods we suggest you call CFO to confirm that this rule is not "bogus line"

Anyone who owns a PAL Restricted/Non Restricted can use our facilities.
    Provided:
    -Monday-Fridays (as weekend is reserved to paying members and there guest)
    -If you plan to bring restricted firearms by law you have to have a valid Club ATT.Discharging restricted firearms without this ATT is breaking the Law!!
    -Using our facilities you are required to use proper ammo
    00 buckshot for shotgun,all handgun ammo(non metal core/tracers etc)
    rifle rounds is limited to 22lr and 223/556 frangible only

hope this clears the air regarding non members using our range
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

If you the required ATT, then you can shoot your guns at almost any gun club in this Provence that handles both rifle and pistols. I shoot mine at target sports and Oshawa gun club.
    Proud member: CSSA , Ruger Forum

Hi guys,

I have a PAL and have my own pistols. Since my club was closed down a few years ago don`t have an ATT anymore, but I called the firearms center and was given a short term ATT for 3 days. I went there on June 28th with 2 unlicensed guests. We signed the waiver, paid $40 each. The guy helping me checked my guns, gun certificates, and ATT, then said us off on our own, with myself being in charge of my guests. We had a blast, spent 500 rds of 9mm, 500 rds of 45acp, 100 rds of 38 sp, & some 22 lr`s, for about 4hrs.

However, if you are unlicensed walking in, or even with a booking at a particular time, you are in the mercy of available range officers. There were a few there that day that were really waiting long, and painfully watching us (lol).

So, if you have a PAL, bring all necessary documents, bring your gun(s) and $40, then have fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast