Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Licensed visitor

I forgot to mention, come in on weekdays, as weekend`s are for members and group bookings only.

CGN Regular
    So if I am a licensed non member, I can bring people with me who are unlicensed? As long as we all pay $40 and I am responsible for them? Also using my own firearms and ammunition.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    -If you plan to bring restricted firearms by law you have to have a valid Club ATT.Discharging restricted firearms without this ATT is breaking the Law!!
    I think that you mean transporting, not discharging.

So how did red426 get an ATT without a club ATT? It is possible to get an ATT without being a member of a club, I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    So how did red426 get an ATT without a club ATT? It is possible to get an ATT without being a member of a club, I don't understand.
    I was told when applying for my collector status that I'm able to get an temp ATT providing the range sends a letter on their letterhead to the CFO and myself inviting me to shoot there. The temp ATT would only be good for one day of shooting though.

I have yet to try this as I dont currently own any restricted firearms.

Sidenote: Thanks TS for clearing up the rules / policies!!
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

So then its no different than going to the CQB shoots in borden. You get a letter of invite, then an ATT. So why did they tell me its impossible to shoot my own guns without being a member of a club?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    So then its no different than going to the CQB shoots in borden. You get a letter of invite, then an ATT. So why did they tell me its impossible to shoot my own guns without being a member of a club?
    Probably because it was mentioned there was no ATT, and it may be a policy they won't issue a letter to the CFO to allow the said person to obtain a STATT for the purpose of discharging at said range.

I have had absolutely no issues shooting (on a weekday) at Target Sports as a non member. I've walked in with a valid LTATT (from my home club), my firearms and ammunition, paid my $40 and was good to go after signing the waiver. This waiver must be signed each and every time. You may also bring unlicensed, or licensed guest with you.

For the record I am now a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Target Sports Center View Post
    -If you plan to bring restricted firearms by law you have to have a valid Club ATT.Discharging restricted firearms without this ATT is breaking the Law!!
    What on earth is a valid club ATT? Are you saying that if your club is not named on the ATT then you can't shoot restricted there?
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Anyad Pitchaya View Post
    What on earth is a valid club ATT? Are you saying that if your club is not named on the ATT then you can't shoot restricted there?
    No, that is not what he is saying.

All Ontario issued long range ATTs come from your home club and it is specifically mentioned on the ATT. Your home club, that you are a member of, applies for it with the CFO's office on your behalf. They are then issued it and you get a copy of it to carry with you at all times when transporting to and from ANY approved restricted range in Ontario.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Target Sports Center View Post
    Sjarods we suggest you call CFO to confirm that this rule is not "bogus line"

Anyone who owns a PAL Restricted/Non Restricted can use our facilities.
    Provided:
    -Monday-Fridays (as weekend is reserved to paying members and there guest)
    -Using our facilities you are required to use proper ammo
    00 buckshot for shotgun,all handgun ammo(non metal core/tracers etc)
    rifle rounds is limited to 22lr and 223/556 frangible only

hope this clears the air regarding non members using our range
    Does this mean that the large Dating groups are no longer allowed to attend on weekends?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast