Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Herman the German

CGN Regular
    I was just kidding Ill actually be more incline to buy some if the name hermann is on the target .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_e View Post
    It's the reason why we can't use the name Bloggins as a generic name in the CF anymore. Someone finally joined up with then name.
    That's too funny.

How about dave esplin targets? That guys only a legend right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dr.Lector's Avatar
    What about this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rdelliott's Avatar
    Looking at the design, I'm wondering how visible the new design is going to be at the longer distances. The original Herman is more abstract and less detailed, but much higher contrast. A lot of that nice realistic detail is just going to waste at the ranges the original Herman is designed to be used at.
    Member, Team Norinco Plinko. Will spot for beers.

This post is copyright (c) rdelliott. My express written permission is required for any reproduction or use other than discussions on canadiangunnutz.com.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    That's a good point. I'm sure the above target (while a very nice design) would just be a large grey blob at 300+ metres.
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Longshot's Avatar
    Agreed. The points of aim that define the bull on both targets need to be clearly designed/coloured as you will have a heck of a time finding the center on it past 200m as it stands now. Really cool art though!
    "Guns don't kill people.People kill people.Guns defend people from people with....smaller guns."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rdelliott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    That's a good point. I'm sure the above target (while a very nice design) would just be a large grey blob at 300+ metres.
    The Original Herman is actually really well designed in terms of visibility at range; you can see the outline, and the hand over the center of mass, waaay out there. I think that going with darker dark areas, lighter light areas, less detail and more contrast, and positioning the hand (or perhaps the AK mag) over the center of mass would help in this respect.
    Member, Team Norinco Plinko. Will spot for beers.

This post is copyright (c) rdelliott. My express written permission is required for any reproduction or use other than discussions on canadiangunnutz.com.

I agree, make it more contrasting for more accurate points of aim. The more sharp contrasting points the better too. That way guys can do accurate groupings on the target, this would make the target more versatile.

Super Moderator
    Silly question? Is there an active copyright on these targets?

Also, there is a series of Fig. 12 targets, with scoring rings of different sizes. Plain, A, B, and C printed on the helmet. There is also one in reduced scale.