Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Herman the German

i think you should take out all the shading and just have it white. Just the dark thick outlines and minor details. Make it dark inside the scoring area.

Expired Business
    Here are some changes based on your feedback:

I like the shading

CGN Regular
    Wait a minute, Herman is copyrighted? Any info on this swirled out version then?

I cleaned it up and have been shooting 1/4 scale targets printed on computer paper for a while now ...

Expired Business
    Although you would likely be in violation of some copyright law the same as if you used a torrent to download a "Jefferson Airplane" album, it is so minor that no one would be interested in pursuing you for it, also you aren't making money from it.

on the other hand if "We" as a company were to take a IPSC target, Herman, or a PPC target and produced it without permission we would be in violation of their copyright and would likely be sued and/or worse; rightfully so.

CGN Regular
    Ah, very true.

Expired Business
    Gents, is the below posted image what you are looking for? Should we continue to develop this Idea?

I really like it but for longer distances I would prefer if his face and hands were pretty much white and the rest dark grey and black. At longer distances with iron sights it will be hard to find a solid point of aim.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    It's still pretty grey. Great for pistol shooting or 100m rifle shooting but I think it needs to be a bit more abstract/high contrast for longer distances. I think shooters are going to want targets with very distinct aiming points.

Maybe keep the outline and shade it in like the Fig. 11
    A2 flash hider aficionado.

Absolutely the shading has to go. The image is great, but, it needs to be a black/white contrasting image. If you want to use shading outside the scoring zone, that'd be fine, but, while it's a pretty image, it's not functional for competition/practice. You NEED to be able to see aiming points out to 500 yds with ~6X magnification.

I like that it presents a more up to date alternative to Herman, just so long as the scoring rings are the exact same size, and there's clear contrast. You should be able to use black/tan patches on it, without throwing everything off... So, colour it in black/tan, and it'll be great...