Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SAM Shipment Received!

New SAM Shipment Received!

BANNED
    Rats. When you said the new SAM's were in, I was hoping to buy something shoulder-mounted.

Cannon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Have they crept up in price a wee bit, or am I imagining things?

Nice write up. If I hadn't just bought a 1911 your man would have sold me on it. I never did care for the bead blasted look of the old finish - stainless ought to be brushed, IMO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MegaMonkeyChunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    Rats. When you said the new SAM's were in, I was hoping to buy something shoulder-mounted.

Cannon
    Same. I was hoping for the SAS 12.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Have they crept up in price a wee bit, or am I imagining things?

Nice write up. If I hadn't just bought a 1911 your man would have sold me on it. I never did care for the bead blasted look of the old finish - stainless ought to be brushed, IMO.
    The prices have crept up more than a wee bit. I bought a stainless Commander 45 in Jan. 2013 and it was about $550. Now it's $720. That's a huge jump in price (nearly 30%). I liked the 45 so much I bought a stainless Commander 9mm a short time after. It was $590. Now it's also $720 or up about 22%. They're well made guns and very accurate for that price range but at those prices they're now into Ruger SR1911 territory and the Rugers have a lot of extras which the SAMs don't (nice grips, extended thumb safety, extended mag release, ventilated trigger, bevelled mag well, two mags, bushing wrench, soft pouch, etc.). Plus they're US made which for some people is a factor. I also have an SR1911 and its accuracy is just as good as the SAMs with a lot of extra bells & whistles.

I've always found Wolverine's prices very competitive and their service is great so this is not a knock on them. I'm guessing they have just passed on what the factory increased the prices by. However, for basically the same money they're not in a class with the Rugers. Prior to this price jump they were very good value for the dollar guns, just as the Norincos are. However, with the base model price gaps now growing to $160-$240 compared to the Norincos I don't see them as competitive for that market share any more as they are now upwards of 50% more expensive.

I'm not sure what niche SAM thinks they are going to fit into. Previously only the Norincos competed with them and the SAM's fit & finish was worth the extra $100 for a comparable model. However, they are now in the Remington R1, Ruger SR1911, STI Spartan (and probably others) class so their competition just got a lot tougher.

I guess they know something I don't but as a layman I can't see this helping their sales at all.

Just my 2 cents (or rounded down in Canada to zero cents).

Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    The prices have crept up more than a wee bit. I bought a stainless Commander 45 in Jan. 2013 and it was about $550. Now it's $720. That's a huge jump in price (nearly 30%). I liked the 45 so much I bought a stainless Commander 9mm a short time after. It was $590. Now it's also $720 or up about 22%. They're well made guns and very accurate for that price range but at those prices they're now into Ruger SR1911 territory and the Rugers have a lot of extras which the SAMs don't (nice grips, extended thumb safety, extended mag release, ventilated trigger, bevelled mag well, two mags, bushing wrench, soft pouch, etc.). Plus they're US made which for some people is a factor. I also have an SR1911 and its accuracy is just as good as the SAMs with a lot of extra bells & whistles.

I've always found Wolverine's prices very competitive and their service is great so this is not a knock on them. I'm guessing they have just passed on what the factory increased the prices by. However, for basically the same money they're not in a class with the Rugers. Prior to this price jump they were very good value for the dollar guns, just as the Norincos are. However, with the base model price gaps now growing to $160-$240 compared to the Norincos I don't see them as competitive for that market share any more as they are now upwards of 50% more expensive.

I'm not sure what niche SAM thinks they are going to fit into. Previously only the Norincos competed with them and the SAM's fit & finish was worth the extra $100 for a comparable model. However, they are now in the Remington R1, Ruger SR1911, STI Spartan (and probably others) class so their competition just got a lot tougher.

I guess they know something I don't but as a layman I can't see this helping their sales at all.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, we have some errors here, I need to double check. More to follow.

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    At the right price, these SAM pistols look pretty nice

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    They certainly are getting expensive

“Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention, we have some errors here, I need to double check. More to follow.
    I hope the posted prices are wrong. With nearly all of them being in the $440-$590 they were great value for the money and I recommended them to a lot of my friends and gave them good feedback in several posts on CGN. At $480-$720....meh.

I hope the posted prices are wrong. With nearly all of them being in the $440-$590 they were great value for the money and I recommended them to a lot of my friends and gave them good feedback in several posts on CGN. At $480-$720....meh.
    As I said I need to spend some time and check the new prices, some I think are correct but some must be wrong. We deliberately held the prices very low when we first imported them to help break into the market. We had some initial QC problems but I think they are behind us now. Personally I think the basic model is the best value for money on the market. The Thunderbolt is expensive but you get a lot for your money, she is a favorite of mine. We have to pay a premium for anything in 9 mm, enhanced or stainless so some of our previous prices were incorrect, anyway I plan to work on a new corrected price list and post it here tomorrow ! At least that is my intention, but as we all know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I am well traveled.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast