Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vz-58

CGN Regular
    A local store out here got a shipment of nr vz58s a week ago.....
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suberman View Post
    A local store out here got a shipment of nr vz58s a week ago.....
    CSA ? or CZ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    CSA ? or CZ ?
    Who knows. All I can say is stop spreading rumors if they are (this is not directed to you Rick, just saying in general for people saying things). I contacted John through PM and this is what he told me:

Quote Originally Posted by dalebrown5546
    Hi John,

Do you have any information pertaining to a plausible "re-classification" of these rifles? I've heard lots of rumors but no facts. If you know anything please let me know.

Thank you,

Dale.
    I'm afraid I can't be much help.... We never handled that model and therefore we have not been involved in the current re-classification procedures.... I would suggest you e mail one of the importers.... John

So I don't know what going on? maybe lack of communication?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    So you ASSumed?

You added the grinding bit yourself I see...just a shot in the dark I? Most rifles that could be converted to full auto...its not the "grindings" that they need to do it.

Do you know the work/parts/mods involved to make this guns full auto like you claim? Is it even possible? LETS JUST SAY that a small portion of the guns are converted full atuo ones...most are done so so they CANNOT be turned back...its just our stupid gun laws that say "once a machine gun, always a machine gun" (and same with handguns).

Again...nice ASSumption. Just great...

Lock this thread...
    I'm not aruging about required machining in order to turn a semi auto to full auto. Most semi autos could become FA with enought time, ability, equipment, the RCMP seem to classify them prohibited based on the "ease" in which they can be converted.

I'm just taking the stand point that "if" a batch of vz were assembled with former full auto reciever and modified too semi auto, the RCMP would veiw them as CA and deem them as prohibited. I agree that our gun laws are stupid, but as you mentioned once full auto it always could be full auto in the eyes of the RCMP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Bolt actions can be made full auto...

You know what is easier then converting a semi auto gun that has been designed to not easily be turned into full atuo one?

Making a new one from scrath...open bolt, full auto...

They are Simple guns that are made from sheet metal and have much less parts then a closed bolt, semi auto needs.

Give me a broom...and enough time/support and I can bolt and weld on enough stuff to make it full auto.

1000s of guns are made in backyards and basements every day around the world but people who cannot read and write...
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    CSA ? or CZ ?
    Csa vz 58
    Is what they got
    My posts are my views, don't be offended if they do not match. I also do not allow anyone to quote, or state my views (as my views) without my direct permission.
    Я хочу винтовку

Quote Originally Posted by suberman View Post
    Csa vz 58
    Is what they got
    My local just got them in as well in 7.62 x 39 and .223. Both are pure beautiful.

Most recent reply from John:

Due to the current rulings we will not be importing these....
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

CGN frequent flyer
    so.... JNA.. we are still ok with the cz-858 ?!

Quote Originally Posted by JNA View Post
    Most recent reply from John:

Due to the current rulings we will not be importing these....
    DOOH... Been holding off for months.