Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 515171819202122232425262728293031323335 ... LastLast

Thread: Vz-58

Quote Originally Posted by Duff350 View Post
    so.... JNA.. we are still ok with the cz-858 ?!
    I am in no way affiliated with Marstar, just bug him for answers on the chrome lined vz-58. However as a Gun Nut I think we are still OK with the 858, but I really wanted a chrome lined version .
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

CGN frequent flyer
    same here...
    but I prefer a cz858... that a VZ58 chrome..restricted/prohibited.....

Thanks to keep us informed !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I got some news regarding the reclassification of the VZ58 (this is from an insider in the industry):

Apparently the reclassification only affects the CZ 858, and not the CSA VZ58. The person I spoke to was very very certain of this. This is affirmed in the following areas:
    1. This document mentions "CZ858" explicitly: http://static.globalnews.ca/content/...2012-00068.PDF
    2. The CZ858 can no longer be found anywhere in Canada (this has been my experience, and doing Google searches comes up empty on any sources of this rifle), but the CSA VZ 58 continues to be plentiful. In fact I have one currently on order. Wolverine Supplies (explicitly mentioned in the document above) is the distributor of the CZ 858 rifle and they have not had stock for months now, whereas I know for a fact that the CSA VZ 58 rifle shipments have been coming in during that time.

ps. the chrome lined CSA VZ 58 Non restricted are in the country.
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superlative View Post
    I got some news regarding the reclassification of the VZ58 (this is from an insider in the industry):

Apparently the reclassification only affects the CZ 858, and not the CSA VZ58. The person I spoke to was very very certain of this. This is affirmed in the following areas:
    1. This document mentions "CZ858" explicitly: http://static.globalnews.ca/content/...2012-00068.PDF
    2. The CZ858 can no longer be found anywhere in Canada (this has been my experience, and doing Google searches comes up empty on any sources of this rifle), but the CSA VZ 58 continues to be plentiful. In fact I have one currently on order. Wolverine Supplies (explicitly mentioned in the document above) is the distributor of the CZ 858 rifle and they have not had stock for months now, whereas I know for a fact that the CSA VZ 58 rifle shipments have been coming in during that time.

ps. the chrome lined CSA VZ 58 Non restricted are in the country.
    So you have a 2010 pdf and out of stock cz 858 as proof.... great.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    This has to be one of the most disappointing threads on CGN.
    Every time I see it bumped I'm hopeful that John has some news but the reality is he's rarely here, and usually only shows up to slam someone with a loose hypothesis as to what's going on?

I wish I had bought a VZ58L when they came in but my plan was to get one on the next shipment. Unfortanetly there was no next shipment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    No my insider source says that he's aware that the RCMP are currently re-evaluating only the CZ858. The two points I made affirms what he said too. The "evidence" only pertains to it referring ONLY to the CZ858. That the CZ858 is being re-evaluated is a FACT.
    68 Answers for Antis:: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1050777-Arguments-against-gun-prohibitionists
    All my posts are theoretical, temporal, for entertainment & not declarative of intent, advice or belief.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA View Post
    Most recent reply from John:

Due to the current rulings we will not be importing these....
    Well there we go..... Put a fork in it.... She's done!

No difference really between the cz and the vz so why would they pick on one and not the other.
    If they take one they will take them all. Just one at a time.
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    NFA CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo7101 View Post
    No difference really between the cz and the vz so why would they pick on one and not the other.
    Oh, that is not the case.

The VZ is entirely new production, while the CZ is built using some surplus parts. Then, there is the tab, the finish, etc...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo7101 View Post
    Don't the vz.58s have chrome lined barrels?