Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pietta SAA's

Specifically, I'm interested in 3 1873 SAA's. 5 1/2", case hardened, polished walnut grips, in .357. Two for me, and one for my girlfriend. They will go nicely with the Chaparral 1873 lever action, that I bought from you in May. There are a few variants, in your old stock at least, so I'm not exactly sure which model to go for. When the new descriptions are uploaded to your site, I'll have a better idea. Might be interested in a coach gun as well, but I could wait a bit on that one. Unfortunately, we're caught up in the frustrating BC CFO backlog, awaiting our LTATT's.... When I spoke to someone there, last week, she assure me that they were catching up....

Another question: Is it possible to request sequential serial numbers? Not really a big deal, but it would be nice....
    Last edited by Shooting Bastard; 08-14-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: another question
    It aint rocket science!!

Well, my LTATT was approved and issued in record time (considering the situation in BC), so I'll be ready to order on Monday or Tuesday. I'm pretty sure on my choice, but my girl may like the gen2, with brass trigger guard. Should I assume that they were not included in the shipment?
    It aint rocket science!!

Yee haw! My 3 Piettas arrived today!! They look, and feel, great. Girlfriend and I are headed to the range right now....
    It aint rocket science!!

Shooting Bastard:
    How did they shoot?
    I'm patiently waiting for my RPAL to come in (it's still in progress) and one of these are one my list, although I was leaning more towards 45LC. If you get a chance would love to hear a mini review.
    Thanks

The overall quality seems to be quite good, especially considering the price. Aesthetically, they are a joy to behold. I love the sound of the classic 4 clicks!! However, the base pin, on my girlfriends revolver, was quite difficult to install. And, when we disassembled it, after shooting, it was almost impossible to remove, requiring 2 sets of hands, and a pair of pliers! I ended up doing some light sanding, with emery cloth, on the end that fits into the back of the frame. That, and plenty of lube, seems to have worked. Just not as smooth as mine.

John convinced me to go with the checkered grips, on all 3 of them. I had been a bit leery, as I like the look of the original smooth wood, but am now quite glad that I listened to him! It's quite fine, and the feel of control, in the hand, that it gives, is well worth the slightly non-authentic look.

I home that helps you
    SB

Shoots well, just not yet used to the fixed sights. We're gonna have to decide on a load, and stick with it, to get dialed into the bulls-eye....
    It aint rocket science!!

Expired Business
    SHOOTING BARTARD;
    "John convinced me to go with the checkered grips, on all 3 of them. I had been a bit leery, as I like the look of the original smooth wood, but am now quite glad that I listened to him! It's quite fine, and the feel of control, in the hand, that it gives, is well worth the slightly non-authentic look."
    I am very pleased you are happy with your brand new toys.... I'm sure they will afford you many years of happy service.
    What can I say about those grips other than I told you so
    Enjoy and thank you for you for you evaluation
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    John,
    Do you ever or can you get in repro Remington 1875 Handguns? I Know Uberti makes them and not sure who else. The repro Schofield is pretty too!
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought if anyone could get them in, John could!
    Cheers Bob

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    John,
    Do you ever or can you get in repro Remington 1875 Handguns? I Know Uberti makes them and not sure who else. The repro Schofield is pretty too!
    Sorry to hijack the thread but I thought if anyone could get them in, John could!
    Cheers Bob
    I'd be curious too....

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I am very pleased you are happy with your brand new toys.... I'm sure they will afford you many years of happy service.
    What can I say about those grips other than I told you so
    Enjoy and thank you for you for you evaluation
    John
    A pleasure to do business with you John! A++
    Transfer went through fast, reg certs arrived before the revolvers....
    A positive experience, on all fronts!
    Thanks again for the personal advice, and service!!
    It aint rocket science!!

I too have a .357 with the smooth grips 5 1/2 inch barrel...it's dead on at 50 yards one handed blowing up milk jugs full of water!!!

Are these ok with .45c or .357/.38 factory loads?
    READ. COMPREHEND. POST.
    Member: NFA/CSSA/CPC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast