Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AIA rifles

So many M305 owners in Canada...
    What would it take to get a company like magpul to make AIA mags for us? Ideas?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    You want magpul to do a limited run of (maybe 5000 mags max) polymer AIA magazines so they can address a niche market in another country when they're already backordered for 1,000,000 AR15 magazines in the US alone?

Why not?
    Business is business.
    They can say Fukk off, they can say Yes, but not now or they can demand a ridiculous order or 100000 mags.
    Who knows? I don't, that's why I ask.
    Apparently you know all...

Quote Originally Posted by cancer View Post
    You want magpul to do a limited run of (maybe 5000 mags max) polymer AIA magazines so they can address a niche market in another country when they're already backordered for 1,000,000 AR15 magazines in the US alone?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    what blows my mind is that no one has started a magazine manufacturing company in canada..... ridiculous really
    here's to me winning the lottomax one day....... and starting a mag making business LOL first i gotta get hit by lightning a couple times..... then it's off to the races :D

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    what blows my mind is that no one has started a magazine manufacturing company in canada..... ridiculous really
    here's to me winning the lottomax one day....... and starting a mag making business LOL first i gotta get hit by lightning a couple times..... then it's off to the races :D
    You my friend love to play with fire!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    A company did that then Hurricain Sandy came along and took it out...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Why not?
    Business is business.
    They can say Fukk off, they can say Yes, but not now or they can demand a ridiculous order or 100000 mags.
    Who knows? I don't, that's why I ask.
    Apparently you know all...
    No offense intended. It's just not going to happen. It would be horrendous timing for a dealer to try harassing Magpul about niche products that Magpul has zero tooling at all for at this moment when they're run off their feet trying to make products to address they're (presumably) most popular product. Not to mention, the plastic injection molds are close to $100,000 for the kind of setup you'd need for mass manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Dies just to make the mags would set you back at least $50,000. Then you need to have at least a 100 ton press to make the mags and skilled labour to run the press. It's much easier said than done. Honestly, the demand isn't high enough in Canada to warrant the work, unless you can sell the magazines for $200 a pop. It would be cheaper to contract out the Chinese to do the work, but that's only if they still have M14 magazine dies and you're willing to order more magazines than you could even sell in Canada alone.

Expired Business
    AIA rifles;

YES we do have about ten left,. This the No-4 Mk-4....
    They are new, without accessories, just the rifle and one m,ag, they will be priced to sell....

John

Any idea of when they are going to be posted and how much?
    Time is the fire in which we burn.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Web site says they are sold out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast