Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AIA rifles

may I claim one now!
    "23.Only one sigline picture is allowed, and the height of the picture must be no more than 100 pixels.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum..._general_rules"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quebecvfr View Post
    Hey haha49;

If I understand your post correctly, you were able to contact AIA directly ? If that is correct, could you please PM me their contact info or post it here? I've been looking for spare parts for my AIA M-10B2 rifle for a while, without much success might I add... Any help would be most welcome !!
    The number I have is out of service... They closed the small head office so I'm not sure if they're still around now I know they were focusing on the astrallian market.

The number says they moved.

What is the exact name of AIA? I have friends in Brisbane and maybe they can find out if there's a contact number.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    What is the exact name of AIA? I have friends in Brisbane and maybe they can find out if there's a contact number.
    Australian International Arms.
    “The more corrupt the State, the more numerous are its laws.”– Tacitus

Quick question John, any idea of how many M10 B2 Marstar sold in canada?

Thansk
    Time is the fire in which we burn.

I'd like to know as well.

Hey Gaffee,

Exactly 32 M10-B2 Match rifles were sold in Canada, all from the first batch of M10-B2s to be produced by AIA. I own the last one of that batch... #272 (last three digits of full serial number). I think Wolverine also had a few for sale at some point, but Marstar got the main shipment if I got things right...

If, by any chance, the owner of #232 is reading this thread, could you please contact me via PM ?

Cheers,
    QuebecVFR

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffee View Post
    Quick question John, any idea of how many M10 B2 Marstar sold in canada?

Thansk

Hi quebecvfr,

I'm #234, why do you want to contact # 232?
    Time is the fire in which we burn.

BANNED
    I have recently corresponded with the Managing Director of AIA and they are producing again however it seems AU is eating up everything in B2's they are able to make. I have a listing for all guns imported by Marstar and the reason why quebecvfr is looking for #232..lol. I also would like to find #232 and wonder if it sold or if John still owns it?

I know there is a waiting list in AU that is growing so it is nice to see the popularity of their products getting to where it should be.

One person here in Canada commented disparaingly more than once about these rifles yet had never shot or handled one. This for certain hurt sales and if that is what he wanted to accomplish he succeeded. The rifles are accurate and well made and the BS written about them was completely off base. On a different site this person attempted to slag the rifles and it was not well received and from what I can see never posted about them again.

I shot a B2 with match ammo and it was extremely accurate, yes it is heavy and it is not a perfect gun however it lived up to my expectations and more. What a bench gun the B2 is, my friend that has one lets me borrow it and off the bench it will consistently shoot under a inch all day long. I have corresponded with a AIA owner who has shot is B2 at 1,000 yards with exceptional accuracy, I also shot a No4 more than once and it was also very very accurate and had no problems.

I wish I could post pictures of the AIA XP11B prototypes that I have but agreed to not do that but let me assure you they have taken their development to a new level. Wonder if the "writer" will slag the new models, unless he personally buys one I know there isn't a snowball in hell chance he will get one from AIA.

Rest assured the new models would make you drool and one thing I can tell you is they will NOT make a No1 Lee Enfield, this has been posted on a different site I belong to.

Magazines are available and the price seems pretty decent to me. I notice AIA sells mags at prices that appear to be a normal retail for any dealer. Of course they are unable to control prices once they have sold them but knowing Marstar is more than fair I would bet the retail from John would be similar. I do hope John brings some in as the prices some have paid is "highway robbery" IMO.

Understand AIA got royally screwed over in their venture into the US and I doubt the Yanks will ever see a importer selling them there. Being as it is doubtful they will take a chance in the US again this hurts volume and reflects in pricing. I personally know many in the US are looking for AIA rifles and they are really scarce and sell the moment they are put up on any site. Marstar is held in High Esteem by AIA and IMO if John wants to import them again he will be warmly welcomed.

My 7.62X39 is a great shooter out to 300 yards and I think is probably ok for 100 more. I have shot Russian surplus and have now decided to handload to make things better. Like most I have found the only fault is the lacquer on the surplus ammo makes it sticky and extraction can be a problem, again this is not a gun problem but a ammo issue.

If you want one buy it with confidence, you won't be disappointed.

Alright...dish on #232 already! Enough with the coy act!!! ;-) Is it the "Holy Grail" of AIA rifles?
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free" A.E.Van Vogt

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast