Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heartbleed SSL bug.

Exclamation Heartbleed SSL bug.

Please install Heartbleed SSL bug fix ASAP. Your website is still vulnerable as of this posting. Thank you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    lol....its been vulnerable for years dude...and you have 1 post.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

My dogs breath smells like dog food........
    I exist solely for comedic relief..... oh, and drugs!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    lol....its been vulnerable for years dude...and you have 1 post.
    That's true, I'm new here. I wasn't interested in joining before but felt I need to hoping my request to Marstar will be accommodated. I usually clear my personal info after I receive each and every order for security reasons. I emailed them to find a way to remove the same personal info from the PastOrders database but their webmaster declined. I understand they are required by law to record transactions involving restricted firearms BUT I think PastOrders should be kept for internal purposes and not available on the internet. Their system bothers me especially now knowing the present situation. Thank you.

BANNED
    How did you establish they had the bug.. is there a website tool?

Quote Originally Posted by karambit_rocks View Post
    That's true, I'm new here. I wasn't interested in joining before but felt I need to hoping my request to Marstar will be accommodated. I usually clear my personal info after I receive each and every order for security reasons. I emailed them to find a way to remove the same personal info from the PastOrders database but their webmaster declined. I understand they are required by law to record transactions involving restricted firearms BUT I think PastOrders should be kept for internal purposes and not available on the internet. Their system bothers me especially now knowing the present situation. Thank you.
    You do realize they do orders by phone right? Or do you forget that there are other types of communication besides internet and cellular phones (wireless). Yeah a 10 year old website isn't going to be super secure. Its a shame things have gotten so far away from common sense and face to face business. If you don't have credit get a certified bank order/cashier check/whatever you want as only you and that person can accept it and its a hard copy for records no paper trail to worry about on the net or outside of business records. As well everything you do is recorded and shared anyways on a much larger scale so its not like there is really anything to complain about with Marstar especially since you are "smart" enough to recognize this. Unless there is a public page that everyone can go to with your personal info your point is mute. Internet security in general is a mute point.
    At least I am considerate if a bit gun illiterate-BGM

CGN frequent flyer
    It's not up to them to fix it. You know that, right? Their service provider is on it, I'm sure.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    How did you establish they had the bug.. is there a website tool?
    http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/

You might consider reading this article on how checking for the heartbleed bug is illegal

http://bgr.com/2014/04/11/hearbleed-...curity-checks/

@silverfoxdj
    Sir, if you install the Google Chrome Hearthbleed plug-in it will alert you for websites that are vulnerable.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast