Thread: semi auto bren

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

semi auto bren

would there be any chance to have semi auto brens sold this is one gun i need for my collection if it was in the price range of the semi auto mg34 id buy it to me its worth spending $4000 on a fireable gun then $1500 on a deact (of corse id love to just get the theatrical license thing done and buy one at $800 you guys have them at now but thats not going to happen)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Indian Ordnance Factories still manufactures them (http://ofb.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/16.htm), but I hear their prices on firearms in general are a bit ridiculous... Not to mention that it would require a total redesign to fire from closed bolt.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Super Moderator
    John will surely jump at this chance for a serious new project.....
    Arranging for design, prototype production and manufacture could likely be done in a few months.....

For an operating system that would likely pass muster, have a look at www.projectguns.com/bren2.html.

Forget the rewelded receiver, it is the redesign of the mechanism that is interesting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    John will surely jump at this chance for a serious new project.....
    Arranging for design, prototype production and manufacture could likely be done in a few months.....

For an operating system that would likely pass muster, have a look at www.projectguns.com/bren2.html.

Forget the rewelded receiver, it is the redesign of the mechanism that is interesting.
    yeah thats the idea copy the semi auto design of the US but with a new receiver

i figured since i took out a good chunk of money for my latest rifle(i dont want to talk on about it too much because i dont have it yet and i dont have a camera and i know you guys will be asking for pic's but all in do time) mite as well start finishing my canadian small arms of ww2 collection(just the long guns for now) then i can start on maybe russian(ive almost got that finished already) or US. germany is way too hard to do

i know all of this would be easier if i just got one of the business license that lets me own them but id also like to shoot them so semi auto only is the way to go

BANNED
    I thought i saw a ww2 bren in semi-auto once for about 4k dunno tho, thered probly be a lot of trouble having to have the rcmp take it and confirm the deact, anyone know first hand if it can even be done according to rcmp standards, im not a gunsmith or familiar with its particular auto sysstem

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspKB View Post
    I thought i saw a ww2 bren in semi-auto once for about 4k dunno tho, thered probly be a lot of trouble having to have the rcmp take it and confirm the deact, anyone know first hand if it can even be done according to rcmp standards, im not a gunsmith or familiar with its particular auto sysstem
    if it was converted from full to semi without making a new receiver it would be a 12.3 prohibited

you seem to be getting semi auto conversion and deact mixed up

a deact cant fire and it cant be disassembled the barrels is plugged and welded to the receiver on older ones the bolt was moveable and mag's where removable no the bolts have to be welded shut. i have a older deact ak that i bought a few years back i think i paid too much at $600 normal deact brens sell for $1500 or so id rather spend a few grand more for a working non restricted semi auto only bren