Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Nagant scope mounts

Mosin Nagant scope mounts

Has anyone purchased the B-Square scope mount for a Mosin Nagant? just wondering if it is reliable. I'm trying to find a good set-up for mounting a scope on my Mosin. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't like to permanently alter milsurps so I'm partial to the S&K scout mount.

"B-Square scout mount for Mosin Nagant M44. No drilling and tapping required. Replaces the rear sight leaf. Will accomodate weaver type rings and long eye relief scope." Trade Ex Website.

Putting this mount on will permanently alter the gun?

My apologies, I mistook the B square mount for another. Replacing the rear sight leaf is definitely the way to go if you want to keep your mosin in original condition. I can't offer any opinion as to whether or not the b square mount is sturdy. Can anyone else chime in?

I went the way of the jmeck scope mount, wraps around the body of the barrel, and I was very happy with it, comes with great instructions.

The only issue I've had is getting another bolt body to make the bent bolt, seems no one has it in stock and I will not alter the one that came with the rifle.

Absolutely no complaints with the "Brass Stacker" mount scope (http://brassstacker.com/home.php). No need to remove the rear sight too... You can't go wrong with it.

depending on what you want to mount, removing the entire rear sight gives you a dovetail...

P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Love everything about my brass stacker except it's a bit high so I made a DIY cheek riser (foam pipe insulation covered by an old sock )

FYI brass stacker will ship direct to to your door if you email and ask nicely

BrassStacker is also offering an NcStar mount and scope combo. Any thoughts on that?

I got the scope/mount/sling/buttpad combo from i dont remember who, but it was the type of mount that replaced the rear sight leaf. it was total garbage, i ended up buying high .22 scope rings and taking off the rear sight completely, the only problem is that you need to take off the front sight if you do this because it blocks the view of the scope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast