Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Model 29 with 4.2 Inch barrel P&D got more in stock right now!

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    well just got a call from P&D after giving credit card and pal info, two hours later they call and say too bad its sold to someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i told them I had been waiting on a call to let me know when one is in and they say, sorry........BYE!!!!!!!!!!

BRUTAL!!
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    well just got a call from P&D after giving credit card and pal info, two hours later they call and say too bad its sold to someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i told them I had been waiting on a call to let me know when one is in and they say, sorry........BYE!!!!!!!!!!

BRUTAL!!

That sucks man.

BRUTAL!!
    I am not in the store so I don't have first hand info. I was advised that two of these models came in and were sold that day as soon as they hit the web site. The next day when you called there were none left however the staff thought it was the six inch model you were after. When the mistake was found you were notified. Your credit card was never charged as there was no gun to sell to you. Dianne and I are in Las Vegas for business and our other two owners were at an Edmonton dealers show for a few hours so there was no one the co-ordinate this issue at the time. Sorry for the problem, we can put you on the backorder list if you like. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    I am not in the store so I don't have first hand info. I was advised that two of these models came in and were sold that day as soon as they hit the web site. The next day when you called there were none left however the staff thought it was the six inch model you were after. When the mistake was found you were notified. Your credit card was never charged as there was no gun to sell to you. Dianne and I are in Las Vegas for business and our other two owners were at an Edmonton dealers show for a few hours so there was no one the co-ordinate this issue at the time. Sorry for the problem, we can put you on the backorder list if you like. Phil.
    Thanks Phil

Ive always had good service from your store, I actually thought I was on the waiting list for one of these, in fact i believe i could find the emails asking to be, anyways i was told by your people there was nothing they could do after this mess, no waiting list no nothing, just sorry. I still want one of these!!!

I would appreciate you looking into getting me one of these as I am now without my 44 Mag!!

Bruce
    ― Albert Einstein

help

Thanks Phil

Ive always had good service from your store, I actually thought I was on the waiting list for one of these, in fact i believe i could find the emails asking to be, anyways i was told by your people there was nothing they could do after this mess, no waiting list no nothing, just sorry. I still want one of these!!!

I would appreciate you looking into getting me one of these as I am now without my 44 Mag!!

Bruce
    Phil

can you get me the FRT number for one of these please

Bruce
    ― Albert Einstein

Hi All - new to Gunnutz and I created an account to jump in this thread. Engraved 29....very, very nice and would love to have one. But not if it is prohibited. I have questions and cannot find the answers either on the net or in this thread.

-The only S&W 44 Mag that I am aware of that has been factory produced for the Canadian market in 4.2 inch barrel is the 629. Does the 4 inch Model 29 actually measure out to more than 105mm to satisfy the RCMP for 'restricted' class??

-are stores actually selling the 4" Engraved 29 as restricted firearms in Canada? Or is this revolver really production made for Canada in 4.2 inch?

Hope someone has the answers and my apologies if the info is out there but I have missed it.

Thanks tons,
    Sandy

Mine actually measures out at 105.19 mm so its just restricted, only problem, its registered as a 165 mm barrel, I bought it as a 106 mm smith from Gagnon's and when the reg cert showed up it was registered as a 165 mm barrel, Gagnon's basically told me they couldn't help, and I tried getting a FRT number from Phil at P&D but he was uncooperative after agreeing to help. Ive sent everything into cfc for help and will wait for their decision, last Friday they said smith and wesson never made it so there is no FRT for a 29 in 106mm. Im not sure how P&D have been getting them registered without an FRT, anyway the CFC is on it, they know P&D have registered some, so Im sure they will either get it fixed on my end, or review the whole gun line and check them all
    ― Albert Einstein

Thanks very much for the post hunterhenderson. Interesting and somewhat messy for you to have to deal with. Please let me know how you make out as I really am interested. Interesting that your bbl measured out at 105.19 (whew) - seems very deliberate rather than a fluke. If they are production made for Canada, it is a well-kept secret....they could sell plenty of them up here.

Mine actually measures out at 105.19 mm so its just restricted, only problem, its registered as a 165 mm barrel, I bought it as a 106 mm smith from Gagnon's and when the reg cert showed up it was registered as a 165 mm barrel, Gagnon's basically told me they couldn't help, and I tried getting a FRT number from Phil at P&D but he was uncooperative after agreeing to help. Ive sent everything into cfc for help and will wait for their decision, last Friday they said smith and wesson never made it so there is no FRT for a 29 in 106mm. Im not sure how P&D have been getting them registered without an FRT, anyway the CFC is on it, they know P&D have registered some, so Im sure they will either get it fixed on my end, or review the whole gun line and check them all
    1- Why would you expect Phil to help you when you didn't even purchase the firearm from him?
    2- P&D doesn't register any firearms given the firearms would've come into the country via distributor (I think it's North Sylva)

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy5813 View Post
    1- Why would you expect Phil to help you when you didn't even purchase the firearm from him?
    2- P&D doesn't register any firearms given the firearms would've come into the country via distributor (I think it's North Sylva)

Jack
    Thanks for your concern Jack, please read above posts for clarity, make note of #123, Phils company really s&%T the bed on my gun order and then didnt lift a finger to find me one or get me one after he said he would get back to me.......nothing, even after i just asked for the frt number, still nothing................worst service ever!!
    ― Albert Einstein