Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo error

Ammo error

I went to Fishing World in Hamilton the other day to purchase a case of 7.62 X 39 ammo for my SKS. They have stacks of different calibre ammo all along their counter on the customer side.

I asked the sales rep for a case of the ammo for my SKS he pointed to a pile and said that was it. So I picked up the case put it on the counter and then asked for two boxes of 45/70. I proceeded to the check out and paid for the items. When I got home later I opened the case and it was a case of .22 Long. Both types are made by the same company in similar boxes apparently.

I called the store the next day and a different sales rep heard my story and said bring it back. So I did, but the manager of the store said it was not possible due to the fact that it's illegal to return ammo once it leaves the store.

I explained that it wasn't really my fault and they agreed but said. "No can do".

I guess I should have learned the first time. Two weeks ago, just after I bought my SKS from them I went there on my way to Silverdale range to shoot for the day. I asked for two boxes of SKS ammo in 20 rnd boxes. When I got to the range I open one box and it had .223 in it, both boxes where labeled 7.62x39 WTF ???

I wasn't happy but what the hell am I going to do with 2500 rounds of .22 beside never go back there and recommend others not to so as well if they are going to have inexperienced sales reps there. I even joked a few months ago to one of the sales reps about working there part time for credit haha.
    "If I had Canadian Troops, American Technology and German Generals I'd take on the world"...Erwin Rommel

I believe in gun control…nothing worse than a shaky hand!!!

CGN frequent flyer airtruck63chev's Avatar
    how did you pay for it? if you use a credit card then contact your credit card company and have them refuse the charge and return the ammo if they wont take it then leave it on the counter and take pictures and leave or ship it to them via a courier and have them return it and get a signature.
    JESUS PROMISED THE END OF ALL WICKED PEOPLE
    ODIN PROMISED THE END OF ALL ICE GIANTS
    I DON'T SEE MANY ICE GIANTS AROUND

I posted this in the other forum but thought I should post in here aswell.

So you admit that there are many diferent bulk cases of ammo on the floor so customers have access to them, a sales person points to the corner where multiple cases are stacked and you just grab one without reading the label?? That's the stores fault? If its store policy or law, most stores don't return ammo....thats not something new. I know where those cases of ammo are and the boxes are marked along with signs listing prices. Did you not see that you were paying too much than the price of the 7.62x39 ammo? guess you also missed that they were not 2500rd cases but in fact over 5200rd.

They are not made by the same company. The 22 is cci blazer and the x39 is mfs...different cases, sizes, prices, labels...etc. If you had trouble reading you could have asked someone to come around the counter, pick up the proper case and place it in your arms.

You say that the manager said it couldn't be returned. I know the hunting department manager quite well and know he would have no problem working out the stiuation but find it hard to believe this when I know hes been on vacation for over a week. If you talked to a sales rep and he said he would help you, why did you not deal with him when you were in the store trying to return the ammo?

You get 2 boxes of x39 ammo in 20rd boxes and it has 223 in the box??? This is the stores fault? That sounds like a manufsctures fault. Funny how no one else brought that ammo back or complained so you must have gotten the only 2 boxes out of that case lot.

In my opinion, theres no excuse for buying improper ammo. I've seen defective ammo returned to the manufacturer (accubond bullet tips had fallen off) but this is a matter of reading what you're buying. Not the stores fault. The have a very experienced staff that are very knowledgeable and they go above and beyond.

You ask why you cannot return ammo if the case is not opened however in your second paragraph you said you didn't notice it was a case of 22 until you opened it........odd

Me to

I guess when the sales rep points directly to the box and tells me that it's the one I want I should not take his word for it? Assuming as you say that they are "very experienced". I would expect that from someone at Canadian Tire, whom by the way has a return policy for ammo as long as it's to the originally licensed store and with the original receipt.

There were no labels to show what each pile was and prices were on each box. And the price difference was only $20.00 per case load, I found that out when I went to return it. I even offered to take the $20 loss.

As for the quantity... 2500 - 5200. A typo I would have assumed, but you know what they say about assume, so your right there.

As for the hunting manager, whom ever that is... The person the said I could not return it was the store manager or acting manager, a nice lady by the name of Sue. The person that said I could return it was a gentleman working in the gun room. There must be 10 different people I have seen working up there. Why didn't I go straight to him? Because I am not going to walk through a store with merchandise that I just carried in from my truck and bypass the exchange counter and be accused of stealing it when I try to leave with it?

As for the unopened comment... The smaller boxes inside the case are unopened and sealed.

So basically you should learn to mind your business, if you don't know all the facts. Oh and by the way I fixed all your spelling mistakes in your rant... Most computers have spell check nowadays, if you require help with you computer my 10 year old can show you how to use it...
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingHood View Post
    I posted this in the other forum but thought I should post in here aswell.

So you admit that there are many diferent bulk cases of ammo on the floor so customers have access to them, a sales person points to the corner where multiple cases are stacked and you just grab one without reading the label?? That's the stores fault? If its store policy or law, most stores don't return ammo....thats not something new. I know where those cases of ammo are and the boxes are marked along with signs listing prices. Did you not see that you were paying too much than the price of the 7.62x39 ammo? guess you also missed that they were not 2500rd cases but in fact over 5200rd.

They are not made by the same company. The 22 is cci blazer and the x39 is mfs...different cases, sizes, prices, labels...etc. If you had trouble reading you could have asked someone to come around the counter, pick up the proper case and place it in your arms.

You say that the manager said it couldn't be returned. I know the hunting department manager quite well and know he would have no problem working out the stiuation but find it hard to believe this when I know hes been on vacation for over a week. If you talked to a sales rep and he said he would help you, why did you not deal with him when you were in the store trying to return the ammo?

You get 2 boxes of x39 ammo in 20rd boxes and it has 223 in the box??? This is the stores fault? That sounds like a manufsctures fault. Funny how no one else brought that ammo back or complained so you must have gotten the only 2 boxes out of that case lot.

In my opinion, theres no excuse for buying improper ammo. I've seen defective ammo returned to the manufacturer (accubond bullet tips had fallen off) but this is a matter of reading what you're buying. Not the stores fault. The have a very experienced staff that are very knowledgeable and they go above and beyond.

You ask why you cannot return ammo if the case is not opened however in your second paragraph you said you didn't notice it was a case of 22 until you opened it........odd
    "If I had Canadian Troops, American Technology and German Generals I'd take on the world"...Erwin Rommel

I believe in gun control…nothing worse than a shaky hand!!!

CGN Regular
    I find it hard to believe who is the dumb one, the store or the buyer, you would think you would have learned from the first purchase,, Just my thought's.

So you bought the wrong ammo and it's the stores fault? How is this their fault. Did the clerk pick up the ammo and give it to you or did you pick it up? Did you ask to check it before buying it? It happens, live and learn
    Support our troops

Ich Dien

Ammo

What does spell check have any thing to do with this?

As far as you being told it is not legal to take back ammo, that is b.s., it is store policy.
    But you should have check the lables your self.
    I have taken back ammo from customers if they have no more need for it.
    But it must be in the orignal boxes , no cash back, but trade in on other ammo.
    I have been a dealer for 35 years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    As far as spelling goes....I believe it should be "Me Too" as a title to the thread.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer critter928's Avatar
    I find it hard to believe one could mistake a case of .22 for 7.62x39.

If it was labelled wrong it is one thing, but it is something that you should have noticed regardless of what was pointed at.
    "For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise." - Benjamin Franklin

most everyone here is sporting a semi for one retailer or another, God help anyone who might suggest a store could possibly be at fault. Silly rabbit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast