Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I know it's no SAPR but...

BANNED
    Umm......actually they aren't.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jperos View Post
    I would never pay that much for a restricted firearm that I can only shoot at the range. Now if they made AR's non-restricted then it would be worth it.
    You do realize that this AR would still be restricted due to the 16.5 barrel right? I love all the "de-restrict the AR chatter". 18.5 and up would be non-restricted, all the rest of the ARs most of us have wouldn't change.

Back on topic.... nope.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
    lol wow don't look at KAC or Noveske then, MUCH more expensive fellas!!
    First of all, both KAC and Noveske ARs are fairly similar in price to this one. Second, SIG Sauer is no longer the quality manufacturer they once were, whereas the other two makers both have excellent reputations.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Sig Sauer GMBH != Sig Sauer USA when it comes to guns, for one thing.

These rifles are not made in North America.

great German guns indeed by not as good as the SAN's you sell. I am not in the least bit interested, I would be if they offered a 308

Wow, I can't believe but I'm not surprised at the responses. First of all, to all the internet experts, who has ever owned a Sig 516?
    I have and although I no-longer have it as it was traded away for another special item, it was an outstanding rifle. I would buy another one and certainly own one long before getting a Noveske or KAC which are just another DI gun.
    Mine was a US made one and it's quality was outstanding. Totally reliable and very light weight.

Remember many are still praising the HK 416, the Sig 516 was aided in it's design and development by one of the lead designers of the HK 416. He clearly stated that he attempted to correct errors made in the 416 with his new 516.

If you have an interest in a quality piston driven AR this is a great deal. If you want to turn this into a DI vs Piston thing, go buy another DI gun.

Check out some of the Sig Sauer testing videos on You Tube, with the Thai Army. Very impressive demos with the 516. In-fact much of what they demo can't reliable be done with a DI gun.

These are made in Germany as well, so one might expect a higher level of quality and control although my US made one was outstanding.

If I didn't have my HK MR223 and Swiss Arms guns, I'd be all over this deal.

Rich

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    I'd take one of these over a 416...sign me up Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jperos View Post
    I would never pay that much for a restricted firearm that I can only shoot at the range. Now if they made AR's non-restricted then it would be worth it.
    agreed
    Ontario red neck

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich LPS View Post
    Wow, I can't believe but I'm not surprised at the responses. First of all, to all the internet experts, who has ever owned a Sig 516?
    I have and although I no-longer have it as it was traded away for another special item, it was an outstanding rifle. I would buy another one and certainly own one long before getting a Noveske or KAC which are just another DI gun.
    Mine was a US made one and it's quality was outstanding. Totally reliable and very light weight.

Remember many are still praising the HK 416, the Sig 516 was aided in it's design and development by one of the lead designers of the HK 416. He clearly stated that he attempted to correct errors made in the 416 with his new 516.

If you have an interest in a quality piston driven AR this is a great deal. If you want to turn this into a DI vs Piston thing, go buy another DI gun.

Check out some of the Sig Sauer testing videos on You Tube, with the Thai Army. Very impressive demos with the 516. In-fact much of what they demo can't reliable be done with a DI gun.

These are made in Germany as well, so one might expect a higher level of quality and control although my US made one was outstanding.

If I didn't have my HK MR223 and Swiss Arms guns, I'd be all over this deal.

Rich
    There are great reviews on this design, that's for sure. A serious AR shooter/collector has to consider this one.

In regards to restricted status or not, it doesn't matter to me. I (and many others) live in the city. There's no crown land within a couple of hours thats available or not being used by a leaseholder (who most likely won't let you shoot anyway--for various reasons). So right now,the range is where it's at (support your local range!).

Things would be different if I had a isolated farm somewhere, and I suspect these people shoot stuff no matter what classified status their guns are. (I'm not advocating breaking any laws, I'm just saying what's probably been happening out there since these rifles became restricted back in 1992). Sorry, I'm digressing....

A few of these rifles will sell for sure, but 2-3 other dealers have them listed as well. So I think there will be downward pressure on the numbers sold.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234