Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth sport shooters stripped of Ontario Summer Games honours

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuck3436's Avatar
    Wait, it says he was forced by "Someone above" to do this, not by his own decision? He even says that the shootings have no bearing on the sport.

Is he the right guy to be emailing?

Its a sad state of affairs in this country that we punish law abiding citizens gor the actions of a violent gun man. Its a shame that an oprotunity to show the safe and practical use of firearms is being taken from these young athletes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    What is wrong with our society?! Do bad things, and receive recognition? Participate in an honest competition and get punished for the actions of criminals you never knew?! When does this garbage stop?
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    Yes he is, crap rolls up hill. Put enough pressure on him and it will get to the person it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3436 View Post
    Wait, it says he was forced by "Someone above" to do this, not by his own decision? He even says that the shootings have no bearing on the sport.

If I read this right he's the one who knuckled under instead of making a stand

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post

Maybe take a moment to drop Mr. Fusco a note ??John
    Good or bad, this is the letter I felt I had to send. I sent it as soon as I got the note from the CSSA.

Hello Michael,

It has come to my attention that the two youth sport shooting ambassadors are no longer welcome on your stage. I find this completely unacceptable. I understand that you believe, and rightly so, that the shooting sports and those that practice in their excellence have nothing to do with gun crime and gang violence. I understand that your hand is being forced by an unseen master, and that in and of itself is extremely alarming.

What I find most disturbing is the message that this sends to our youth. You are allowing some people to stand in their position proudly while not others, as if they were second class citizens. This is something that our brave soldiers through out our great history have fought and died to oppose. Your group is forcing two remarkable young athletes to rethink their sporting culture and heritage. This is telling the young people that it is once again acceptable to be bigoted against a group of folks for something that makes them different from other folks. This is completely the wrong message to be sending to our youth. We need to be educating them that all folks need to be accepted for who they are and what they can offer.

The right, correct and morally just thing to do, would be for you to inform your superiors that are forcing you, against your will it would seem, that you will not be a party to the assassination of those two youth's personal pride and their collective culture and heritage. Either ALL of your ambassadors should stand together or none should stand. This is 2012 sir, a person cannot be forced any longer to act against their personal convictions & beliefs.

Sir, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you communicate to those that have put these bigoted restrictions on you, that segregation of our youth based on culture & heritage, or race & religion have no place in Canadian society.

Hoping this message finds you well, in all other regards,

J.P.

His calcabo gentes.
    By these I will trample on the nations.
    "It is very easy to judge in leisure what people have had to do in haste...." Paul Harrell

It would be nice to see some kind of solidarity or showing of support from all Ontario athletes taking part in the Summer Games in favor of these two. Just my 2 cents.

Bump
    Last edited by valencjo; 05-22-2013 at 04:41 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    In case you still had any doubts as to how we are viewed by the Liberal government and their appointed flunkies, read this....
    Maybe take a moment to drop Mt Fusco a note ??John

Subject: RE: Athlete Ambassador Appearances
    Sent: Jul 17, 2012 3:31 PM
    , we have received a directive
    A directive from whom?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast