Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alberta CFO Phone Number

Tell me about it guys. my wifes has been with the CFO waiting for the final stamp of approval for 2 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    1-800-731-4000, press option 5 after language options. It should transfer to your CFO.
    After you language option, press one and then extension 9026. I called to day and mentioned that I tried the old Alberta CFO number and it resulted in a fax machine screaming in my ear. The nice lady on the other end told me to use that extension number to talk to the CFO office in Alberta. She was very polite and we joked about hooking up to go shooting. Thought that kind of weird. The lady I talked to the other day was a completely different story.

I had to call about some FBL stuff the other day. I got probably the most helpfull nice lady I have ever talked to at a goverment office I got more answers and stuff done in 15 min the the last 4 calls combined. the one before the nice lady all but told me to F off.

Most of these people need a kick in the rear and reminded that they work for us the people and more impotantly fire arms people. and we aint to happy with the CFO and CFC at the moment they should be trying to be more helpfull and speed things up.

Cause alot of us want to see them hit the unemployment line!!!!!
    A weapon should be functional not decorative. NRA NFA member. CGN members get those names on the CFO removal. And contact your Members of goverment about changing gun laws atleast once a month!!!!!!

Going on three months since app was received in Mirimichi. Been at CFO for two months today. I've tried to get ahold of the CFO more than a dozen times in the past month. I finally gave in and went into the office in Edmonton this morning. The lady took my license and came back about 5 minutes later with no more information than I already had. Why does this process not go in order? How is it possible people who've applied after me have already been given their license? This is crap.
    NFA, NRA and C.H.A.S.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by T0M_NASTY View Post
    nooo why is there always a back log
    From what I've been gathering after seeing a number of posts from others and what the CFC has told me, we are in the middle of the perfect s*** storm.

1) Deadline to renew PAL for free has expired. Leading up to this point, people were renewing their licenses that were still a year away from expiring.
    2) Newtown has sparked new firearms interest in NA as a whole. I'd be lying if that shooting and surrounding debates didn't convince me to finally get my license.
    3) Firearms sales are up, meaning transfers for restricteds are up, and requests for STATTs and LTATTs are up.

If your application isn't a "clean" application (did you answer Yes to any questions on there, like job loss, etc.), then it will be sitting on a bureaucrats desk somewhere with all the renewal apps, ATT apps and registration transfer apps until someone decides to get around to looking at it. I'm starting week 4 since my application has been finished the interview process and with the Alberta CFO. I answered yes on the job loss question.

Quote Originally Posted by cheier View Post
    From what I've been gathering after seeing a number of posts from others and what the CFC has told me, we are in the middle of the perfect s*** storm.

1) Deadline to renew PAL for free has expired. Leading up to this point, people were renewing their licenses that were still a year away from expiring.
    2) Newtown has sparked new firearms interest in NA as a whole. I'd be lying if that shooting and surrounding debates didn't convince me to finally get my license.
    3) Firearms sales are up, meaning transfers for restricteds are up, and requests for STATTs and LTATTs are up.

If your application isn't a "clean" application (did you answer Yes to any questions on there, like job loss, etc.), then it will be sitting on a bureaucrats desk somewhere with all the renewal apps, ATT apps and registration transfer apps until someone decides to get around to looking at it. I'm starting week 4 since my application has been finished the interview process and with the Alberta CFO. I answered yes on the job loss question.
    Yep, I had to answer yes to one of the questions. "Clean" applications still shouldn't get done first. Having to answer yes to most of those questions doesn't mean dick all. Well, mine's been 8 weeks, you're at 4, better get comfy, you're gonna be a while. :-s
    NFA, NRA and C.H.A.S.

It's all a make work program that's why there is always back log. Hell lets hire another 500.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ph33r View Post
    1-800-731-4000, press option 5 after language options. It should transfer to your CFO.
    Or press 1 for english then extension 9026.

9026 will get the Alberta CFO if the agents are logged into their phones. If they're not, 9026 goes straight to the CFC where agents "pretend" they're in the Alberta CFO.
    NFA, NRA and C.H.A.S.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingIrish View Post
    9026 will get the Alberta CFO if the agents are logged into their phones. If they're not, 9026 goes straight to the CFC where agents "pretend" they're in the Alberta CFO.
    i see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast