Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CSA VZ 58 - Scope Mount Shell Deflector

I wouldn't know. Sportsmansguide had shipped the scope to Niagara Falls, NY post office and my friend (truck driver) picked it up on the way to Canada.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanCanada View Post
    I wouldn't know. Sportsmansguide had shipped the scope to Niagara Falls, NY post office and my friend (truck driver) picked it up on the way to Canada.
    I tried ordering a scope and some other gun-related parts from Optic Planet and others. All was prohibited by US export restrictions.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I came across this image while randomly looking at Russian scope options for the VZ-58's. I was looking into a PSOP for my VZ but I would like to know where I can find this shell deflector. Now this looks like a really nice setup only if I knew where it originated from. Anyone have any further ideas?

CGN Regular
    Way old thread revival I know, but I am still searching for a viable solution for deflection of brass casings off of my viper PST on my CSA. Has anyone found a solution. I am thinking of just mounting a rubber buffer off of the ring mounts.

Last edited by GMC Trucker; 03-20-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    And now, a word from my lawyers...

This post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "GMC Trucker". These posts are for entertainment only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis1 View Post
    Way old thread revival I know, but I am still searching for a viable solution for deflection of brass casings off of my viper PST on my CSA. Has anyone found a solution. I am thinking of just mounting a rubber buffer off of the ring mounts.
    Send me a pic if possible when you finish your set up. I'm also looking to mount a 1-4x scope with the csa low profile mount and I'm not sure how I'm going to go about the shell defector.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take ~ Wayne Gretzky" ~ Michael Scott

Got my scope mount in today. It's the Low profile csa mount and bushnell x1-4 with illuminated reticle. Love the set up. Eye relief is perfect with the adjustable stock, and cheek weld is spot on for me. I used weaver tactical 30mm low mounts, as I was trying to mount it as low as possible. I will update when I decide what I'm going to do for a shell deflector. I'd rather not put on the sks one that mounts off the rear sight as the scope doesn't overhang that much. Maybe just tac something to the rail? not sure yet. Here's some pics

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    I think magwedge have a rail for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCap View Post
    I think magwedge have a rail for that purpose.
    Thought about the magwedge rail (have one on an sks and its great) it but I wanted the ability to remove the rail and scope quickly if I want to just shoot with iron sights

How's the eye relief with that setup?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast