Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juan For All's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    That rifle is gorgeous.
    Agreed totally. Wow!

J

Aaaww, the M1 Garand and it's 8 rounds en block clip...

Always ready to freak out firing range officials (Cuz they don't know THE regulation), pissed off the shooter to your right side (cuz it's raining real hot 30-06 shells) and making the left one stare at your rifle in admiration (Cuz he know what you got in your hands).

Also that "pin-ing" sound when the clip eject is just an orgasm for your ears.

Then you know you got an M1 Garand!
    Gun control means using both hands

can't wait to shoot it this weekend...or whenever i get my gas plug in.

did a teardown and found the usual suspects: SA bolt, SA oprod and winchester trigger group...

i managed to do some checking on the barrel installed on my rifle and surprisingly its not a a newly manufactured criterion barrel., but a pretty much new post war Springfield Armory barrel: S A 7-51 (July 1951)...i'm actually quite happy that I got a fully built restored all USGI (except for the stock) M1 Garand to call my own

I've increased the time between my log ins here because of threads like these. Everytime I come here I find something gorgeous like this. First it was the M1A1's, now the Garands. Damn you Wanstalls. I'm going back to work to make more money so I can give it to you next time these come up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Great old Garands indeed. I've used mine at Bull Meadow once and did not do half badly considering what it is and what I shot against on the line. I even got two Vs at 800. I also used it one hot summer in Willow Bunch, Saskatchewan and from the prone at 600 yards consistantly banged that 18" metal gong, no sweat!

nice rifles
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Unless JRA is marking these somewhere discretely, with the fake stamps this is little better than a faked-up turd and leaves a very foul taste in my collector-centric mouth. EPIC FAIL.

I would pay more to NOT have fake stamps. Did they fake up SA markings on the criterion barrel too?
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

GunNutz
    You can hunt with these - even with the 5 rd limit, you can take an existing mag, drill a couple of holes, cut down to them with a dremel, heat and bend the metal appropriately, and you've got a 5-round mag... I made a few back around 2003 and they worked no sweat... Now.. I sure wish I hadn't sold the damn rifle...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubhopper View Post
    Oh I noticed that they are back on the site at a price of $1799.
    $550.00 mark-up from the U.S. price, oh how I love Canada
    UCP member
    CPC member

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    $550.00 mark-up from the U.S. price, oh how I love Canada
    Yeah, unfortunately with a small custom company like JRA they don't really offer any significant dealer pricing, so based our purchasing price and the 3rd party needed to bring them in and the usuall shipping and brokerage etc...well we are at $1799. I'm just happy we got our hands on a few!!

Gary

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    I'm sure the guys who make allot more money then I do appreciate you bringing these in. I just wish I had a higher paying job.
    UCP member
    CPC member