Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands

any news on a batch of a certain German rifle from j.r.a.? when i was in the shop buying the garand one of the guys there mentioned the possibility of them making some...
    you are entering a world of pain!

Quote Originally Posted by pete_viking View Post
    I'm curious. Does one have to monkey around with the 8 round clips to make them 5 round legal? Or do they technically not require that because they are not magazines? I still have half a dozen clips from when I was a kid. My dad had an ammo box full of surplus Garand ammo with the clips in bandoleers we used for target practice through his .30 06.
    M1 Garands are exempted by name within the law. They can have 8 rnd clips at all times (Unless a province specifically regulates the number of centerfire rifle cartridges during hunting season).

Quote Originally Posted by AikiNut View Post
    You can hunt with these - even with the 5 rd limit, you can take an existing mag, drill a couple of holes, cut down to them with a dremel, heat and bend the metal appropriately, and you've got a 5-round mag... I made a few back around 2003 and they worked no sweat... Now.. I sure wish I hadn't sold the damn rifle...
    Well if you really wanted a 5rnd clip you could have just bought them. Additionally, you don't even need them as the M1 is exempted by name.

Are there anymore coming in ?

CGN frequent flyer
    Ditto here, any of these coming in?
    peace..through superior firepower!!

also interested in one...very interested...as in would take work off tomorrow to pre-pay in person interested.

I was in the shop on Saturday and asked about the JRA Garands. Still no news on the 'next batch'..!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    So I tried to check out price and no page? Would price and details here be that difficult?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Price wise the last batch were at $1,799 plus HST ($2015) If they don't have them, they don't post any details...JRA are advertising them for $1295 US...So I guess once brokerage fees, delivery and import duties are paid plus Wanstalls add something were at the $1,799....Just wondering what's stopping any of us from using a broker to get one ?....JRA have some really nice alternatives to the Garand as well...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    I really wanted in on the first batch but heard about it too late.

I have two Garands, My baby which is a SA with a VAR barrel, and just a plain sweatheart to shoot, and a repro SA M1D, which is a nice piece as well.

I want a new manufacture gun I can use as a shooter though and just pound rounds through without worrying about shooting out the barrel and wearing out parts on my older ones. (I shoot several k rounds a year)
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?