Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    wow sold out before i could even look....

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Because its a rebuilt commercial rifle now, and there is no collector value?
    All Garand are rebuild and most on the market are part gun. Collector value ? This make me laugh. Arsenal rebuild are notorious to be of mixed parts, and it is almost impossible to know what you got. Most are just put together by amateur gunsmith.The collectible are in museum or in the hand of a few collector.

A mill specs rebuild by gunsmith that know Garand keep it's valued better than beat up - parts gun of unknown condition. JRA and Fulton are two firm that know Garand. Check the price of the Fulton Garand. The JRA is a steal. Springfield made a batch of rebuild on new receivers and barrel a few years back. They were regarded as inferior by some purist, but today, they sell for twice their original value. I know I owned one - and they were really good trouble free performer.

To have a like new Garand - a safe Garand- for the price of those beat up showing up in the exchange forum these days for $1600 / $2000 - this is a great deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaGunslinger View Post
    The price seems a little steep, you could pay their US price and pay to get it exported and it would still be cheaper than Wanstalls price. I suppose you pay that for convenience.
    Feel free to import a bunch at a lower price and sell them at no profit for your time involved... honestly... I feel some people simply don't understand a capitalist economy. If you don't like it, go do it better.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Expried Business Member
    Speaking of price, these are on their way to us as we speak and according to the invoice we priced these incorrectly for this round. Lucky for the buyers, but unfortunately all future sales will have to be at the correct price.

As for the difference between US price and Canadian -- shipping and brokerage is extremely expensive. The strong majority of the price difference comes down to the cost of getting the rifles across the border. As nice as it would be for firearms to be cheap all the time, the fact is that we pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time just to get these firearms across the border.

Thanks,
    Dan

Smile Garands

Quote Originally Posted by pete_viking View Post
    I'm curious. Does one have to monkey around with the 8 round clips to make them 5 round legal? Or do they technically not require that because they are not magazines? I still have half a dozen clips from when I was a kid. My dad had an ammo box full of surplus Garand ammo with the clips in bandoleers we used for target practice through his .30 06.
    The garand is exempt from the 5 round rule and has been since the day the 5 round rule came in.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

What's the average going price like on these as compared to a similar rifle? This looks like a Hell of a deal.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Speaking of price, these are on their way to us as we speak and according to the invoice we priced these incorrectly for this round. Lucky for the buyers, but unfortunately all future sales will have to be at the correct price.

As for the difference between US price and Canadian -- shipping and brokerage is extremely expensive. The strong majority of the price difference comes down to the cost of getting the rifles across the border. As nice as it would be for firearms to be cheap all the time, the fact is that we pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time just to get these firearms across the border.

Thanks,
    Dan
    The 1699.00 price is out of my reach already.
    UCP member
    CPC member

James River

Must be me but when I click on see this product on our site I get "unavailable product"??

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    All Garand are rebuild and most on the market are part gun. Collector value ? This make me laugh. Arsenal rebuild are notorious to be of mixed parts, and it is almost impossible to know what you got. Most are just put together by amateur gunsmith.The collectible are in museum or in the hand of a few collector.

A mill specs rebuild by gunsmith that know Garand keep it's valued better than beat up - parts gun of unknown condition. JRA and Fulton are two firm that know Garand. Check the price of the Fulton Garand. The JRA is a steal. Springfield made a batch of rebuild on new receivers and barrel a few years back. They were regarded as inferior by some purist, but today, they sell for twice their original value. I know I owned one - and they were really good trouble free performer.

To have a like new Garand - a safe Garand- for the price of those beat up showing up in the exchange forum these days for $1600 / $2000 - this is a great deal.
    Can't say I agree with that....I have 2 m1 purchased about 10 years ago for $300 and $350 each....they are in quite nice condition and would likely fetch $1500 a piece on the EE.
    If you think these rifles from JRA are gonna be worth 5 times as much in 10 years.....I dunno what to say except good luck!
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

I think with the price of these rifles the way they are it would be somewhat hard to justify $1500+ for the rebuilt ones currently on EE. Unless all 100% original service condition garands should appear, then I'd expect those prices be on the high side of 2 grand for whoever is willing to pay. Just look at the USGI 1911 market.