Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: James River Armory M1 Garands

CGN frequent flyer
    do you sell just the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by pete_viking View Post
    I'm curious. Does one have to monkey around with the 8 round clips to make them 5 round legal? Or do they technically not require that because they are not magazines? I still have half a dozen clips from when I was a kid. My dad had an ammo box full of surplus Garand ammo with the clips in bandoleers we used for target practice through his .30 06.
    Garands are one of the few rifles exempt from the 5 round limit. No need to monkey around or buy 5 round en blocks.
    Homer: A gun is not a weapon! It's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon or...uh, a...an alligator. You just need more education on the subject.

CGN Regular
    Sigh... time to check those old lottery tickets floating around my wallet.

Check your Provincial Regs. if you want to take it hunting. Some Provinces only allow 5 rounds for hunting. I know 100% that Ontario allows all 8 for hunting.

Ian

CGN frequent flyer
    The link simply brought me to your home page. How much are they?

With a 5 week vacation & road trip coming up one of these just isn't in the cards for me right now...though I did convince a coworker to buy one of them last night so I'll get to check it out up close soon enough!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RememberTheSomme's Avatar
    So what exactly was the price. All I see is unavailable product.
    A Glock pistol is "Perfection" in every direction. As for myself,....... Have Gun, will Babble.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_viking View Post
    I'm curious. Does one have to monkey around with the 8 round clips to make them 5 round legal? Or do they technically not require that because they are not magazines? I still have half a dozen clips from when I was a kid. My dad had an ammo box full of surplus Garand ammo with the clips in bandoleers we used for target practice through his .30 06.
    The Garand was exempted from legislation, by name.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    The link simply brought me to your home page. How much are they?
    I could not find the rifles either and would also like to know what the damage is.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Sold out they were going for 1699.99 and people ##### about paying 1800-2g for a NOS parts built off the EE. Crazy world.
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”