Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Norinco Tokarev avail?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    A 9mm barrel with bushing and a proper 9mm mag or two...would be an EASY sale for any dealer if priced around $100 . Would love to have a 9mm barrel or two for my TT-33s!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Been pondering this myself. With the market saturated with the pistols, are we going to see any sort of aftermarket for them?

I myself would be after a set... but i normally see them more then the pistol its self...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Just a bit of a heads up guys. In order to make a TT33 work well with a 9 mm barrel, you need to get a main spring out of a Norc 201 or 213.

The Tokarev spring is just a bit too stiff for the charge in the average 9mm cartridge to cycle the slide properly. Even when I put the gun butt firm against a block of wood, the 9 mm would dribble out of the ejection port 5 times out of 10, and and usually get jammed in the port when the slide returns.

So, unless you have a Tok with a weak spring, or have a spring out of the guns mentioned above...you will not be happy with a simple barrel conversion.

Also, there are two types of magazines for the 9mm Tokarev. There is the narrow magazine that fits the magwell of the M-213. Then there is a regular size Tok magazine, with a modified slide plate and a u shaped spacer running down the inside of the magazine the holds the 9 mm rounds forward. It is interesting to note that the M-213 has a similar shaped spacer in the magwell to accommodate the narrow magazines. I have pulled the spacer out of the magwell of the 213, and the regular Tokarev mags fit.

So, if you are out there looking for this conversion, you now have a bit more information to make this project a success.
    Last edited by Anyad Pitchaya; 03-10-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Thanks!!!
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

After all the $$ you would spend on parts to convert, it's probably easier/cheaper to buy a Norc Tok and just part it out. I'm lucky enough to have a norc 213-c so if I ever run out of 7.62 I can just take the norc guts and put them in a Russian frame since I like the looks of the Russian better anyway. I do belive that there is a Norc 213 on the EE right now and I am suprised no one has picked it up yet.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

Frontier Arms ever sold 7.62mm Norinco type54 (Tokarev) with 9mm spare barrel back in 2007 or 2008. I assumed the barrel is the only part that needs to swap.

Any update 9mm barrels or complete pistols?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Teapot's Avatar
    Hamilton, Ontario; the southern shore of Canada.
    Zastava has 9mm 9 round Toks.
    My Type 54 has no difficulty ejecting the 9mm cases. I have Wolff Springs in my pistol meant for the 7.62x25. The cases eject onto my hand but they never fail to do so. Perhaps some compressed 9mm loads would do the trick.
    As for the spacer for the 7.62 magazine, I have never had trouble using the ordinary 7.62 magazines.
    I also got my barrel and bushing from Armco years ago and cost as much as the pistol itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123