Page 37 of 691 FirstFirst ... 172729303132333435363738394041424344454757 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Dart94 View Post
    I am in alberta, They have had my application since march... still waiting.

I have tried calling a few times and every time I got a little bit more information out of them. On my last call in I got the fact that there was an "event" on my history... I can't for the life of me think what this might be. The only thing I can think of is in 2009 I was the victim of an assault that went to court.

Is there any way I can find out what the information is that is holding my application back? I was thinking 6 months early for hunting season would be more than enough time to submit an application, I have already missed elk season now. I can't even go bow hunting because of the grizzly in the area that I am in, I want to carry a guide gun with me but can't do that.

This system is very broken if you ask me. I am not even going for my RPAL just my PAL.
    I have to agree that it is highly inefficient. I've been waiting since May. RPAL though. Apparently mine is being reviewed now, and is no longer in queue. She said it should be processed soon.

finally got my PAL last week..it took the CFO 21 months, and two application , 120$ for CFO ,150$ for DNR course , a total of 270$ plus 20$ for photo and mailing. ruffly about 300$ for a piece of plastic that took nearly 2 years to make. HATS OFF TO THE CFO AND THEIR WONDERFUL SYSTEM....ITS BEEN A LONG LONG LONG LONG AND COSTLY PROCESS. anybody out there who wants a PAL OR RPAL better be patient...they are NOT very fast at the CFO office...

CGN Regular
    ^Congrats? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ezzyfreeway View Post
    finally got my PAL last week..it took the CFO 21 months, and two application , 120$ for CFO ,150$ for DNR course , a total of 270$ plus 20$ for photo and mailing. ruffly about 300$ for a piece of plastic that took nearly 2 years to make. HATS OFF TO THE CFO AND THEIR WONDERFUL SYSTEM....ITS BEEN A LONG LONG LONG LONG AND COSTLY PROCESS. anybody out there who wants a PAL OR RPAL better be patient...they are NOT very fast at the CFO office...
    You are not making me feel better about my situation.....

Quote Originally Posted by ezzyfreeway View Post

As long as you got it, you are the lucky man!

CGN Regular
    My wife's cousin has been waiting on his first PAL since April, in Ontario. All paperwork, including stamped test results, was submitted at that time. I showed him how to check online, and it still says in progress.

I've advised him to call them and see what is holding it up!
    CSSA Member
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Woooo! Arrived in the mail! 55 days in total (40 business days), not too bad

Mine was less than 45 days.

Once you see your cheque or CC charged, Call in and get your file number. Once you have it, give it to your reference and get one of them to call in. As soon as they do, its stamped and processed and sent to your COO of your province. Its usually a week after that!

Happy Shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by TrekNyne View Post
    I have to agree that it is highly inefficient. I've been waiting since May. RPAL though. Apparently mine is being reviewed now, and is no longer in queue. She said it should be processed soon.
    Just call in and get your file number.. They say the longest period form the processing portion is waiting to call your references. Get the file number and 1-800 number and get your ref to call in.. it will be done immediately

Quote Originally Posted by ClickBoomBang View Post
    Just call in and get your file number.. They say the longest period form the processing portion is waiting to call your references. Get the file number and 1-800 number and get your ref to call in.. it will be done immediately
    my reference called in about 3 months ago... There was a "backlog".. Just got to a CFO a few days ago for review. Been in queue this whole time.