Page 38 of 689 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Here is my PAL/RPAL time for reference, I'm located in Ontario:

Aug. 12(PAL) & 13(RPAL), took my course.
    Aug. 18th, mail in my application (without the course certificate).
    Aug. 22nd (Friday@3:48PM), Application received in MIRAMICHI.
    Sept 17th, credit card charged.
    Sept 18th, I called and asked for fax number to fax my course certificate, faxed the same day.
    Sept 25th, I called to make sure they got my fax, the did and they said to either have one of my two references call in or they will call them in 4 to 6 weeks! I asked if they want to interview me and they said no, you are good (Note: about a month ago I did a high level security clearance with the RCMP for a project I'm working on, so not sure if this had to do anything with not interviewing!).
    Sept. 26th, My reference called them, they asked him two questions, "name & address" and "If there any reason for concern that Mr. ### having a firearm".
    Oct. 2nd, Licenses received in the mail.

That's pretty much it, it was a painless process, I'm actually quite surprised of them not interviewing me and only needing one of my two references. Both RCMP representatives on the phone were extremely friendly and pleasant.Ttotal of 39 days for license delivered to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by elnady View Post
    Here is my PAL/RPAL time for reference, I'm located in Ontario:

Aug. 12(PAL) & 13(RPAL), took my course.
    Aug. 18th, mail in my application (without the course certificate).
    Aug. 22nd (Friday@3:48PM), Application received in MIRAMICHI.
    Sept 17th, credit card charged.
    Sept 18th, I called and asked for fax number to fax my course certificate, faxed the same day.
    Sept 25th, I called to make sure they got my fax, the did and they said to either have one of my two references call in or they will call them in 4 to 6 weeks! I asked if they want to interview me and they said no, you are good (Note: about a month ago I did a high level security clearance with the RCMP for a project I'm working on, so not sure if this had to do anything with not interviewing!).
    Sept. 26th, My reference called them, they asked him two questions, "name & address" and "If there any reason for concern that Mr. ### having a firearm".
    Oct. 2nd, Licenses received in the mail.

That's pretty much it, it was a painless process, I'm actually quite surprised of them not interviewing me and only needing one of my two references. Both RCMP representatives on the phone were extremely friendly and pleasant.Ttotal of 39 days for license delivered to my door.

i mailed the complete application package earlier than you and my credit card was charged earlier than you, but i'm still waiting. T.T

Have the status changed online? did your references called? That's what they told me "Have one of your two references call us or we will call them in 4 to 6 weeks!" maybe that's why.

Ive been waiting a bit over 4 months and nothing. One of my references was contacting at the end of august and thats it. Im in BC

Been waiting since april 2013 to get my rpal in manitoba. keep getting the run around by the cfo who promises a call back to finalize the app but takes 3 -4 months to do so, then says theres still a couple things to look into such as alleged complaints made to the rcmp via telephone by random ppl for no reason (never been contacted by the rcmp for anything about those alleged phone calls) and stayed charges by my gf who later admitted to the crown it was out of jealousy why she made up charges etc. but i have no criminal record and have never dealt with police besides the one time my gf made up bogus assault charges, but now were living together for almost 3 years now with no problems whatsoever and she spoke to the CFO last time he called and said to him she supports my application and feels totally safe and happy about me getting one, so i dont see what the hold up is. wish i knew who to speak with to complain about this unnecessary hold up.

I'm in a similar position with my application that was received August 1st. It made it through Miramichi in 5ish weeks and I've made my 3rd follow-up call this afternoon to Surrey to politely mention that it's over 100 days in process for this application (PAL & RPAL). This was mentioned in my last post, but I was told in October that they were still processing May applications so we're likely to be sitting about for a while yet.

I just checked and mine has completed initial processing. In a little less than 45 days or right around there.

So what's that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by REBEHLE$@) View Post
    Ive been waiting a bit over 4 months and nothing. One of my references was contacting at the end of august and thats it. Im in BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewtini View Post
    I'm in a similar position with my application that was received August 1st. It made it through Miramichi in 5ish weeks and I've made my 3rd follow-up call this afternoon to Surrey to politely mention that it's over 100 days in process for this application (PAL & RPAL). This was mentioned in my last post, but I was told in October that they were still processing May applications so we're likely to be sitting about for a while yet.

Looks like applicants from BC have to wait till next spring/summer to get the licence. My refs called in a month ago and nothing so far, but this buddy's ref called in 3 months ago and still waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Looks like applicants from BC have to wait till next spring/summer to get the licence. My refs called in a month ago and nothing so far, but this buddy's ref called in 3 months ago and still waiting for it.
    Yes I live in BC as well, mine was recieved June 6th I recieved my License October 28th but that was after several calls. I eventually got put through to the BC CFO and the lady on the phone was very nice and then immediately processed mine. Made me wonder what is going on that since I made the call and got through that she just clicked a few buttons and bam it was done why it takes so long or why I did not call sooner.

I have been waiting a year. BC CFO keeps saying it is being processed. Almost time for my lawyer to get involved. There are
    no issues!