Page 3 of 688 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    I got mine last year. Sent the paperwork in end of May and got it in August...

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

Rpal was recieved on 7/20/12 and on Aug 15 the message showed as issued. Waiting for it in the mail now. I just called every few days and asked the same questions very nicely. I feel really bad for all these people who have months of wait time on their PAL and RPAL. It's going to be quicker to get my Rpal than it was for my PAL.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

I got both my PAL and RPAL at the same time. Had to wait a year and a half for mine to come in after the test and paperwork. Apparently the person that was in charge of my file/application was a bit too tight in the buns to make the whole process easy.

in Sask the waiting time is short. however B.C. and Quebec have significant waiting times.

Still waiting....

Hey guys...

I am new here. I came to check what other peoples wait times were....

I sent in my completed application on June 1st.. it was received June 6th,, and I a still waiting. I tried calling 2 weeks ago and the just said the same thing it says on the web site. The said it was processed and waiting for final approval.

I guess I will try calling again today.

Does anyone know what the "initial processing stage" consists of? L

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskGun View Post
    in Sask the waiting time is short. however B.C. and Quebec have significant waiting times.
    I think it's pretty random. I'm in BC and mine just took 28 days.

I didn't even call them or anything. Just dropped it in the mail and waited.

Quote Originally Posted by rgh470 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to what is now a reasonable amount of time to expect the full processing of a PAL. I mailed in all my paperwork on May 29th 2012, and saw online that my application became active on June 7th 2012. In late June my application was marked as "completed initial processing and now in progress". Just a note ALL my paperwork was 100% correct all T's crossed and I's dotted. The website says you can expect about a 45 day processing time, am I right to be thinking things are taking a little long, or is 60 plus day just the norm these days. Thanks in advance:
    My daughter, son in-law and I took the courses together to get our RPAL's. All applications sent in the same day registered mail. Mine came the soonest at 5 weeks from receipt my daughters took the longest at 7 weeks because they had trouble contacting one of her references. One word of advice with the references, if they have a generic pre recorded message on their answering machines that does not verify the number being called or who the recipient of the call is they will not leave a message or retry. Your file will then end up in a dormant pile until they are contacted. That is why some of these can drag out for 6 months or more.
    Member: NFA CSSA CCFR

It really appears that since the demise of the registry, the registration folks are intentionally slowed down, almost to a crawl. I have two rifles here that the owners have been waiting four months for their PALs.
    Handguns are much worse. I expect this may unfortunately become a larger deterrent than the damn registry

Mike

85 days and counting.....

I'm into 7 weeks now waiting on my RPAL. All interviews were completed 4 weeks ago and it's apparently been sitting in a pile at the BC CFO's office since. Been calling the CFC once a week but still no idea when they'll get to it.