Page 40 of 688 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Application Number: 10 - xxxxxxxxxx - 05

Application Received on: 2013/04/15

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Its going on 2 years in April and still no final interview from the Manitoba CFO as he promised in November 2013. I find it really unreasonable to have to wait this long for this man to give me a decision I paid to get in a reasonable timely manner.
    Anyone else have to wait this long in Manitoba for this CFO to give you a decision? I have left several voicemail, messages to return calls, and a letter of complaint as I was instructed to by the MB ombudsman but still no response whatsoever.

That is an excruciating amount of time to wait. Has one of your references been interviewed? I would be dealing with the folks in miramichi if I was you. It seems like they were the ones who did my whole application process. Definitely check where they are at on this

Quote Originally Posted by kyle2391 View Post
    Application Number: 10 - xxxxxxxxxx - 05

Application Received on: 2013/04/15

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Its going on 2 years in April and still no final interview from the Manitoba CFO as he promised in November 2013. I find it really unreasonable to have to wait this long for this man to give me a decision I paid to get in a reasonable timely manner.
    Anyone else have to wait this long in Manitoba for this CFO to give you a decision? I have left several voicemail, messages to return calls, and a letter of complaint as I was instructed to by the MB ombudsman but still no response whatsoever.
    " Me......I always tell the truth, even when I lie". Tony Montana

Where's my illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator

I've filed a complaint today with the Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP against the CFO and they said he has 45 days to respond to the complaint and I cannot justify what could be the reason for such an unreasonable delay for my RPAL app?
    Our last phone call was in nov 2013 and he specifically told me it would be a short time for the final decision. My refs were called, my background check is complete according to our last phone call, everything is checked out as far as hes concerned. He just has to give me a yay or nay, literally. This is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle2391 View Post
    I've filed a complaint today with the Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP against the CFO and they said he has 45 days to respond to the complaint and I cannot justify what could be the reason for such an unreasonable delay for my RPAL app?
    Our last phone call was in nov 2013 and he specifically told me it would be a short time for the final decision. My refs were called, my background check is complete according to our last phone call, everything is checked out as far as hes concerned. He just has to give me a yay or nay, literally. This is unbelievable.
    Call again.

The cfo has finally stopped by and gave me a approval for my RPAL so I'm relieved the app has been dealt with after 1 year and 9 months. Hope no one else goes through that. Best wishes to everyone.

Sent my application in,in October 2014.

There was a big delay then,as my payment didn't go through (I tried paying with a visa/debit card instead of a credit card).so I recieved a letter about that,and had to wait untill I got a credit card to make the payment.

Made the payment over the phone on the 15th january,then had my status changed online to "in progress" on the 19th.

Kept phoning in after that to try keep the ball rolling,and got put through to the background checks department on Friday when I called.the guy I spoke to was really nice and helpful.he told me that my application was on hold because untill I either was approved my canadian permanent residency (im not canadian and am currently in the process of getting my permanent residency) OR untill I got a letter of "good standing" from my home countrys police.

I had already got a letter of good standing from back home and included it in my application!but who ever looked at it didn't see it and I guess just tossed my application aside!so I explained to the guy on the phone that I had included it with my application so he had a look and was like "ah here it is!wonder why they didn't see it??".so he had a quick read of the letter and said "yeah this is fine,Im gonna go ahead and approve this right now".
    I was so happy when he said that!

So I should hopefully get it in the post in the next couple of weeks!

I can now completely understand why people stress that you should phone in.

CGN frequent flyer
    I sent mine in a few week ago, for RPAL, registered mail, so I know they got it on the 23rd of Jan. I have no criminal record and scored 100/100 practical and written on both PAL and RPAL portions so don't see any issue(I hope)

Will update when I get it in the mail.

It only took 3 months from when I mailed it to when I got my card.

I waited just over 2 months after I mailed it and then called them to check the status. They said I needed to do an interview for my RPAL and I just asked to do it right away (which we did). She then asked me to have my references call during any business hours and gave me the reference number to give to them. So then I called my references (who are lazy and don't make calls when given time to do it) and told them the RCMP wants to speak to them immediately lol, they did the interviews and it was approved and mailed out the same day. It took 1 hour from when I checked to go from "completed initial processing" to "approved," I was sooo happy.

My application took 10 months, my friends took 6.
    --NFA MEMBER--

7 months for my rpal. They phoned my references but never me....Had to phone the cfo office a few times and they just kept saying it was in progress. Finally got the good news today online.