Page 48 of 689 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dirtybarry's Avatar
    Mine was 29 days from the day I mailed the application package to having my RPAL in my hand. The day I was going to call to see what was the status was, it arrived. So far all my experiences with the CFC, RCMP, CFO etc have gone well. LTATT came with the rego for my .44, 24hrs for the transfer for the 9mm, really I got nothing to complain about compared to some of you poor buggers down east.
    The downside of learning stuff is that it makes me realize how much I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    It's crazy how inconsistent the times are for issuing these licenses. In BC PAL/RPAL new license
    April 21st- Application received
    May 21st- Credit Card Charged
    July 6th- Reference Interviewed
    July 20th- Called in was told CFO has application call back in 2-3 weeks
    August 5th- Same story

106 days......and counting
    August 24th- Online status changed to issued
    September 1st - Received in mail

133 Days from the date they received my application to the day I got it.

I'm sitting at just over a year now since they sent it to the AB CFO. I call back every 3 weeks like they tell me to and get the same story that they will put a note on file and it should be finished shortly.

Application Received on: 2015/06/22

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.
    I thought I was waiting a long time, but I guess it's not too bad. Wife got hers right away.... mine has been an additional month.

Mine took 67 days to get to my mailbox. My PAL instructor told me "up to 6 months" so I was pretty happy when I got it.

CGN Regular
    Here's my time frame.

June 30, 2015 – Mailed RPAL Application
    July 24, 2015 – Application appears online with note saying received July 6, 2015
    August 25, 2015 – One of my references was called.
    August 31, 2015 – Wife received letter from CFO telling her I have submitted an application and if she has concerns to contact them by September 20, 2015. (It doesn't say to contact them but instead to contact them IF she has a concern.)
    September 1, 2015 – Wife calls the CFO office first thing in the day and has to leave a message.
    September 1, 2015 – CFO returns wife’s call (same day). States they will now issue the license.
    September 1, 2015 – Status changed to processed and issued.
    September 8, 2015 – Licensed received.

Total time 64 days from receipt (70 days from mailing)

Now I am set to buy my first handgun then go through the registration transfer and application for transport application wait (being my first purchase/first transport request)

Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    I thought I was waiting a long time, but I guess it's not too bad. Wife got hers right away.... mine has been an additional month.
    Called them (again) today and even though the Federal CFO says it's been transferred to BC CFO they are saying it'll be 2 months. They also said that Alberta is a 3 month wait.

Going on 95 days from receipt.

CGN frequent flyer
    Mine took 7 business weeks exactly from arrival at CFP

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtybarry View Post
    Mine was 29 days from the day I mailed the application package to having my RPAL in my hand. The day I was going to call to see what was the status was, it arrived. So far all my experiences with the CFC, RCMP, CFO etc have gone well. LTATT came with the rego for my .44, 24hrs for the transfer for the 9mm, really I got nothing to complain about compared to some of you poor buggers down east.
    Was awfully nice of them to waive the legally required waiting period of 28 days in your case. Wonder why you're so special?

Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    Called them (again) today and even though the Federal CFO says it's been transferred to BC CFO they are saying it'll be 2 months. They also said that Alberta is a 3 month wait.

Going on 95 days from receipt.
    148 days and counting. There is no clear proof that they are actually doing anything with regards to the application.